O R Pope Elementary 4

Posted January 26, 2014
OR Pope was the first school I ever taught at...and therefore, it will always hold a very special spot in my heart. I loved the other teachers I worked with and the students I taught. In response to a few of the parents' comments, there happens to be MANY obstacles that bombard teachers on a daily basis which prevents some excellent educators from their instruction. It is sad; however, the teachers, teacher assistants, and administrators that are there ABSOLUTELY love the students, their job, and the school. Tearing the school down WON'T solve a thing except place at-risk students in a larger school (which could be in an even worse setting) with teachers that don't relate or appreciate our special students. The grass is only greener where you water it. What Pope needs is more support from Central Office, the community, and parent's. If we all work together, we can reach EXCELLENCE!

O R Pope Elementary 1

Posted May 18, 2010
This is not a school of choice. The surroundings are filled with abandoned houses and loafers who walk the steets daily. Teachers do not concern themselves with the quality of the students education yet they make excuses why they can't teach. Most children in this school are disadvantage, and have low moral and ethics. Most of their parents do not teach their kids moral, values or respect for themselves or other students. I really HATE that my child is in this school district and wish they would shut the school down!!

O R Pope Elementary 0

Posted May 17, 2005
A great school with a great principal, and staff, but needs a new face lift. It also needs more extracurricular activities, and more money to hire more teachers and assistants to help improve the schools quality of academic programs.

O R Pope Elementary 5

Posted January 09, 2005
I really enjoyed o.r.pope school.my kids attened the school from ages 5yrs. to 11yrs. they all enjoyed and loved the teachers,friends and mrs.warner.the staff are all so loveable and friendly,it's let an extended family to alot of kids' that attend.my sister even went to this wonderful school and she's now 29 yr. ld and she still finds wonderful things to say about this school.the teachers do such a wonderful job with the students,the really love what they do and it shows,in their grades and their actions.the is no doubt that these students are positive pope panthers' who knows that they can do anything and the word I can't really means I can.thank you staff,students and mrs.warner for making this school such a joy that all students want to attend.keep up the good work!

O R Pope Elementary
226 Coleman Avenue, Rocky Mount, NC  27801
Last modified O R Pope Elementary is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 1 out of 10 based on academic quality.
O R Pope Elementary Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 4 reviews.