Northern Nash High 1

Posted July 27, 2013
Northern Nash is full of a bunch of ghetto kids that are involved in bad things and start fights in the hallways. Kids smoke cigarettes in the bathrooms and it's worst school I've ever been to. I just transferred there from a Northern Virginia school and it's awful here. The janitors don't clean the bathrooms and the boys don't have doors on the stalls. The school is old and run down and the counselors are very unhelpful. The honors classes are awful. The only reason kids take them are to get out of the classes with all of the ghetto kids. But basically we learn the same thing everyone else is learning in honors. They don't challenge us at all. The teachers are unprofessional as well. Sometimes they get to comfortable and tell the class things about their personal life that should not be discussed with students. I do not recommend you let your child go to this school. It is just down right awful. Making your child go to this school is like inviting them to fail at life. What are you even doing in Rocky Mount? Get out. The crime rate is rising.

Northern Nash High 3

Posted November 13, 2009

Posted July 20, 2009
As a parent of a special needs child, I am pleased to say that I am very happy with the instruction and care Northern Nash High has given to my daughter. The schools she attended in California were pretty good, but she has made far more progress as a student at NNHS. Martha Fogarty is an excellent special needs instructor, and I look forward to what my daughter will gain over the next two years!!

Northern Nash High 0

Posted April 03, 2008

Northern Nash High 3

Posted September 18, 2006
My child transferred from a private school to Northern Nash High School her 9th grade year. She was able to take honor classes in 9th and 10th and then has taken AP classes 11th and 12th. Academic wise I would advise any parent to be EXTREMELY involved in academics because the guidance counselor depending on whom you get may not be as involved as they should be. I would rate Northern Nash as a B- letter grade high school. It appears to be safe over the past 4 years but the principle is young and lacks experience in his job. There are some teachers that love their job and it shows but their are a few who do not belong there teaching students.

Posted November 01, 2005

Posted February 19, 2005
The academic programs is execelent and Northern has a 'Big Family' atmosphere. With the leadership of an outstanding principal, like Dr. P. (Dr. Art Paschal)it could not be any other way. Teachers really care about, and really teach their students. At this school, when a parent has a concern there is always someone on staff to listen and to help. Northern Nash is always clean and neat.

Northern Nash High 2

Posted September 23, 2004
I have 2 teen-age daughters that go to Northern and am very disappointed in their honors program. It does not challenge their minds. the counselors are also not very helpful and easy to talk to. Ii wish we were able to take them out and put them in another district. both of my children are in honors classes and I work for North Carolina Wesleyan College. My daughters are bored, teachers are not helpful and the teachers only seem to want to see how much 'homework' they can give them. I am also on the Principals counsel at Northern.

Northern Nash High 4

Posted May 17, 2004
- a former student

Northern Nash High
4230 Green Hills Road, Rocky Mount, NC  27804
Last modified Northern Nash High is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Northern Nash High Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 9 reviews.