Bad
Good

I am a parent who has three children I am not impressed with their high school computer based learning system they do not have teachers certified on courses are being teach on computer based learning system and on the online courses with North Carolina virtual public schools they do not have to take the final exam was these courses there is no way to check what you have learned

RMP has come a long way in the few years I've been there. Sure, there are strides to be made still, but test scores are up, and we have a dedicated team in place. Parent support is critical, and we are seeing an improvement there as well. I only wish that the school would be more selective (in terms of student behavior) in the admissions process. I'm excited to see how students perform this year!

Great school, lots of things have changed here this year, seen big improvents in others, teachers, etc. The only issue is having most of the things done electronically.

Clearly one of the worst schools around. Lots of fights, rumored gangs within the school, and a ridiculous computer-based learning system that does NOT work even remotely. Headmaster calls himself a CEO...a business mentality in a school simply does not work. Greed drives this man judging from his willingness to turn over almost every teacher in the school within the past 2 years and then pay less qualified "teachers" that are actually glorified lab assistants. Please be aware that this school's poor performance in terms of testing may cause it to close in the near future. I would give the school a zero if I could-it is quite possibly the worst around.

I think that the E2020 program should've been tested more before bringing it to Prep. There always seems to be computer issues and leaves the students with not being able to complete their assignments. I think that there needs to be another alternative to learning when the computers are not functioning properly.

In the High School - an experiment gone awry - too many unfulfilled promises, too few teachers, and a total lack of leadership. The blended learning environment treated students as guinea pigs and teachers as expendable; in my eyes as a parent it was a massive failure.

This school is horrible dont come here even if it is your last option homeschool the kids.

My school is (Rocky Mount Prep) and it has to be the worst school in the history of education. I'm a junior here and I already know for sure I'm going to be in summer school for at least 2 classes. The blended learning program has been the worst idea ever thought up. If it wasn't for the athletics and the way my credits are I wouldn't be here. To be honest with you, jail is better than coming here. I advise everyone to never even think about attending this school. -I am a student

My school is Rocky Mount Prep and it is falling apart. Teachers are not being respected in class rooms, Lab is loud and uncontrolled and academics are not cared for. I believe they should have tested Blended Learning on a smaller group of people before they made everyone follow it. Then they would have been able to seek the kinks of it. Students don't care about doing work on the computer. The only reason the computer used is to unblock sites, so they can get on Facebook and twitter. Then everyone is rushing at the end of the year to finish their courses. You also have teachers who have not been to school in weeks and students need their help. Everyone can't learn on a computer. How can you add math online and not have an explanation for it. Right now I would not recommend that students send their children here just yet.

I would not recommend Rocky Mount Preparatory School to any parent. My 2 children currently attend this school. On 4/22/13, my son mentioned that the computer lab instructor had the high school students line up and gave them 3 options. They haven't had an Algebra teacher for part of the school year. They were told to decide whether they would keep the course, take it in summer school, or take it next year. I still haven't received any notification from the school. When do they plan on notifying the parents? Are you telling me that 85% to 90% of the high school class will be in summer school because the school has failed to teach the students? Since when children have the authority to make these forms of decisions. My child will not make that decision. This is my decision to make as a parent. The couple of high school teachers that still remain do not help the children succeed and do not help them understand the course work. The high school students sit in front of computers all day long, every day. This is definitely not an effective way of learning. I am greatly disappointed with the direction this school has taken and this E2020 program.

Last modified Rocky Mount Preparatory School, Inc. is a Charter school that serves grades K-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.