K-12|Private

Bad
Good

This past school year was my first year ever attending Rocky mount academy me and my brother both. The first day we ever walked into RMA was for a visit before we even walked in the building we were being greeted by staff the people that work in the office were so nice and helpful to us I felt so comfortable to be there. The headmaster was so kind to me and my family. The tour the headmaster gave us was great my parents really loved the school. Going to RMA was the best choice for me and my brother the teachers care about the students. I have improved in all subjects thanks to my teachers that I love they are so great. Also the all of the students are so friendly my brother and I became friends with everyone it feels like we are all a big happy family. Going to Rocky Mount Academy has been one of the greatest choice I have made I will be well prepared for my future at college.

Deciding to switch schools to Rocky Mount Academy was the worst decision my family and i've have ever made! The reason I switched school was because the crime and bullying in public schools was getting out of control, you still have bullying at RMA and absolutely nothing is being done about it. Many of Rocky Mount's few successful business owner's have their children going to RMA, and these students are clearly favored by the staff. Other students that have financial aid or scholarships are treated differently. New students are looked down upon by previous students. I'd have to admit RMA does have SOME outstanding teachers, but the others are down right awful. I have been going to RMA for 4 years now and as I've progressed to upper school (high school) the teachers don't know parts of their own subject. To some teachers it isn't about actually learning the content and preparing us for the college years ahead (which the school swears that all of the staff does), it's about how many tests are given, and the teachers blame us for not knowing "anything". Please make sure your child is prepared if you decide to send them here. It will either be the worst or best decision of their lives.

My children have attended the Academy for the past 4 years. All 3 of them absolutely love it! Everyday my youngest child comes home and tells me what he has learned. My oldest child was in public school for middle school. His grades and attitude towards school started to change. He didn't care about what he was making in subjects, and was failing math. After just one year at RMA his grades and attitude changed. He is now on the A honor roll and has only made one B in four years. Best decision ever!

Excellent teachers Strong principal/school leadership Challenging academic programs great athletics individual attention 100% college acceptance rate

I had my first year at RMA this year, and I really liked it. There are very little students in any given grade, so everybody knows everybody. Although it can be a little bit money-oriented, the kids are basically nice. I have attended both public and private schools and I think they are very similar, the only differences being money, class-size, and academics. Also, the athletics are really good. Overall, RMA is worth the high-price.

I am a former student attending boarding school next year, after spending first thorough eighth grade at the academy. I have loved the school and have taken advantage of every opportunity presented to me by the school and I give it a lower ranking because yes it offers the most it can now and the most in the area it is located in but the school does not offer enough for me and what I want in a high school. The school over the years has started to build better programs that I am interested in like music and drama but these departments take time and motivation from the staff. The school has prepared me in many ways that I could not thank them enough for and for the most part I personally have had motivational, inspring teachers in all courses offered to me. RMA is a wonderful school.

Last modified Rocky Mount Academy is a Private school that serves grades K-12