Bad
Good

I'm only giving it one star because I have to give something. Otherwise, I wouldn't even give it one star. The comment below is absolutely right on the money. This principal cares nothing except for the EOG scores! Parents watch out!!!! There have been two people quit and three teachers retiring in the middle of the year.

I've have several children that have or are currently enrolled at Hanford Dole Elem & through the years the school has undergone 3 administration changes. Unlike previous principals, the current principal is driven by tests scores and disregards the psychological development of the children. Children perform very well on tests, however, they are not allowed to express themselves resulting in feelings of incompentence and frustration. I know that children are expected to respect adults, but children also deserve respect; and I've witnessed on several occasions children being disrespected and or ignored. This is one of the choice shools in Rowan county & until now my children have attended because I'd had faith in the staff. However, after this school year I've decided to take the option of transferring my children.

I also want to discuss North Carolina's IEP Plan it so complicated that there is no understanding for parents or it may just be my school district of Rowan County NC that has the problem because they are so racist here. I sat in a conference with the principal, teacher, nurse, and 1 other administrative from the school. The Principal stated to me we were to blame for my 6 year old child falling behind after they pulled his tutoring from him and his 1st grade teacher constantly telling him that his was not going to past to the 2nd grade. Guess what he did not make it to the 2nd grade and now has a very low self- esteem because of it. Tell me why the school knew My son had this delay since he enrolled in 2008 for kindergarten and did not decide to even

Last modified E Hanford Dole Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.