Salisbury, NC

Posted June 21, 2015
I have several children many years apart who have attended SHCS. At one time SHCS was a good school, but the current administration has created an environment where incompetence, bullying and nepotism flourishes while integrity, character and academic standards have fallen to an all time low. The current administration does not have the education or experience necessary to provide true leadership. The teachers are put in a very difficult situation with classroom overcrowding, lack of textbooks, and zero guidance from the administration. Parent/teacher meetings are discouraged making it impossible to have any sort of meaningful dialogue between parents and teachers. Bullying, on all levels, has become rampant. Teachers are permitted to call students stupid or slow and the principle claims that this is just teasing. Hidden fees, such as a $100 mandatory lottery ticket purchase, are common. The office staff is simply rude. This is the same staff the school has had for years so I blame the current administration for not requiring more professional behavior. From the outside the school looks wonderful, but it is a façade, all show with very little substance. Unfortunately the public schools in the area are not consistent in providing quality education so parents are left with few educational options.

Posted June 01, 2015
I have to say that this school is overrated. After looking for a school for our child , we chose a private education, due to bad public schools in the area. The class sizes are as large or larger than the public schools. It seems that they just care about getting more children in the classrooms and entertaining them with extracurricular activities while sacrificing time for education. Bullying is one of the issues that the principal and staff do not want to acknowledge. I know of several cases of bullying. The bullying of my child was brought to the staff's attention on more than one occasion but was never properly handled by the principal or staff. Instead, my child was asked by her teacher why she can not "fix" things by herself, my child was 5 at that time. Based on my experience you will do fine in this school if you are part of the inner circle and follow the herd. I know many people are disappointed with this school, however, they do not say a thing because they do not have another school choice.

Develops respect: Disagree

Posted June 01, 2015
this school it's been open for more than hundred years but they hirer the gym teacher to feel In the principal position he's over the top very stressed out. always running when you try to speak to him never look at your face always run away for you never have time to listen

Teacher effectiveness: Ineffective

Posted June 01, 2015
Only deal with first grade teacher second year of teaching she have 30 children in one classroom

Sacred Heart Catholic School 1

Posted June 01, 2015
I had a horrible experience in this school. the classrooms are overcrowded. the teachers are inexperience and the principal is over employed, has not prior experience as principle. He hires most of his family and friends for jobs at the school. Bullying is not addressed properly, they feel as the principle told me that " bullying is just teasing, and it overrated" I know several families have left the school already this year thing I won't return this year

Sacred Heart Catholic School 4

Posted May 22, 2012
This is a small portion of a letter written by our principal dated 5/11/12. Can't write it all here so please ask for him to share the entire letter with you. To All SHCS Parents: I am frustrated that I have to address this issue in an email to all Sacred Heart families. Within the past two weeks, the administration has been hearing from second and third sources of people speaking poorly of our school, teachers, administrations, and pastor. Even though one has the right to speak freely, this type of talk is in no way constructive for anyone. My door is always open for anyone that would like to come in and share any ideas, concerns, and suggestions. Speaking outwardly in public with a negative tone about our school is neither ethical nor professional. Every meeting Ms. Meseroll and I have with a parent is documented. Less than 5% of our parents have come to us with a legitimate concern. An opinion or a suggestion by a parent to change something at Sacred Heart is just that, your opinion, not a necessity.

Sacred Heart Catholic School 5

Posted July 22, 2011
Sacred Heart Catholic School is like a large family that loves and supports each other. The teachers genuinely care about the students and the excellent academics are balanced out with a strong religious presence. There are prayers throughout the day, Mass on Fridays, and constant encouragement to be good Christians, to each other and to the community. Sacred Heart has been Salisbury's top school for 129 years!

Sacred Heart Catholic School 5

Posted September 11, 2007
the parents at this school are very involved with the students and teachers. The school has a great academic program. As far as sports they offer soccer, basketball, softball, volleyball and golf. I have 3 children at this school and my oldest, who is in the 8th grade started there when he was 4. I also attended SHCS many years ago. I give this school 5 starts!

385 Lumen Christi Lane, Salisbury, NC  28147
Last modified Sacred Heart Catholic School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
Sacred Heart Catholic School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 19 reviews. Top