PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (5 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (6 responses)
Currently, most people answered Agree (3 responses)

I have been blessed to send all three of my sons to Sacred Heart. They have grown into such fine young men, grounded in faith with a real sense of responsibility and accountability for their actions and their lives. I know that they received a super foundation in academics - PreK through 8th grades. They entered into public high school well prepared - joining honors and AP classes with no difficulties. They also had no trouble finding friends and adjusted well socially to the high school scene. They were grounded in WHOSE they were and had a good sense of right and wrong - making more wise choices than not. During their years at Sacred Heart, I feel very fortunate that they had such strong and caring role models and teachers. The pastoral staff was such an asset in helping me as a parent navigate through raising all boys. Please make no mistake - my boys were not perfectly behaved everyday and I had to make a few trips over the years to the Principal's office. I always felt that the administrative staff was fair, non-judgemental and truly helpful. For me, what set Sacred Heart apart from other private options that I could have chosen...This school stands the test of time, over 135 years of educating children, with a long history of successful students who really have a solid faith, who stand out as community leaders, who were very successful in their high school and college years and who became responsible adults willing to serve their families, community and church. So glad to be on the other side with grown children...knowing that absolutely Sacred Heart was the right choice!

Sure the academics is good but the environment is bad. Why? Most of the people are rich, snobby, spoiled brats. There are some nice people there, but there are so many people who bully kids because of their looks and stuff like in public school, but like most cases of bullying the teacher's don't know. One girl called another girl the N word. That's not a thing to say in a Catholic school, but there is a lot of peer pressure at this school. People change a lot at this school because of peer pressure. There are good teachers, but some of them are mean and strict. One teacher I remember would yell at the students and pull students down. That's not how you encourage kids to do better. That's hurting them. There are good things at this school like the lunch, but boy, aren't there a lot of bad things. BE WARNED.

Our family has multiple students at SHCS. The teachers are second to none and I feel strongly that our children will be academically prepared to be successful in the future. Academics are only a smart part of what makes this school so great. Our children are also being spiritually prepared to go out into the world. We love that our children attend weekly Masses with their classmates and teachers, pray together every morning and afternoon, and see Priests and other religious members in the hallways everyday. I applaud the wonderful teachers for not only being great in the classroom, but also being role models outside of the classroom.

Let's be realistic, this school does not promote the best atmosphere. As a matter of fact it very closely resembles that of the public school system. The only benefit my child receives from going to Sacred Heart Catholic School is religion. I've noticed that a few teachers carry the wait of the school. The front office is extremely unprofessional and lack the intestinal fortitude to do the right thing when met with adversity. The candor responses that were previously posted by other parents is not an accurate depiction of what is going on in our school. However, I believe with the proper leadership Sacred Heart has the platform to be an outstanding Christian School, but it currently lacks candor, honor, and above all loyalty to its staff and families. In short, the school is in dire straights of leadership and desperately needs an ecliptic group of individuals to help spearhead the future of Sacred Heart Catholic School.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

As a whole, we have some phenomenonal (individuals) teachers. You can always tell the ones that care. Generally when we pick the kids up from after school we see the same teachers. These teachers have the drive and determination that I hope my kids aspire to be like.

This school has a family atmosphere that has each child's best interest at heart. The education and values my children are receiving at this school could not be better.

I have been a part of this school for many years. I went to school here and now my children attend this school. The academic experience rooted in Catholic faith makes this school second-to-none.

We have had 4 kids go to this school. We knew it was a great school. We had that confirmed when our oldest not only tested into the highest Math and English classes in a great Catholic High School but is also getting outstanding grades in those classes.

Develops character: Strongly disagree

Having the Catholic faith as a foundation develops honesty, integrity and fairness in its students just as Jesus taught.

I have several children many years apart who have attended SHCS. At one time SHCS was a good school, but the current administration has created an environment where incompetence, bullying and nepotism flourishes while integrity, character and academic standards have fallen to an all time low. The current administration does not have the education or experience necessary to provide true leadership. The teachers are put in a very difficult situation with classroom overcrowding, lack of textbooks, and zero guidance from the administration. Parent/teacher meetings are discouraged making it impossible to have any sort of meaningful dialogue between parents and teachers. Bullying, on all levels, has become rampant. Teachers are permitted to call students stupid or slow and the principle claims that this is just teasing. Hidden fees, such as a $100 mandatory lottery ticket purchase, are common. The office staff is simply rude. This is the same staff the school has had for years so I blame the current administration for not requiring more professional behavior. From the outside the school looks wonderful, but it is a façade, all show with very little substance. Unfortunately the public schools in the area are not consistent in providing quality education so parents are left with few educational options.

Last modified Sacred Heart Catholic School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8