Bad
Good

Posted February 24, 2014
My children attended this school from kindergarten through 5th grade and excelled. The teachers are great. Very committed and caring. If only the parents would be that committed to their children's success.

Posted June 06, 2012
I am a parent and I really love this school. The parents and staff here have become more and more involved each year. If you are a parent, I encourage you to get involved. It will only make Koontz better. Staff and children are great. So lucky to have a school like Koontz.

Posted June 01, 2012
Parent involvement needs to improve, but doesn't it at every school. This school has improved its AYP percentages by leaps! Children at Koontz are happy and teachers are engaging.

Posted May 20, 2012
My daughter loves this school and she is obtaining a terrific education. The students' learning environment is motivating and clean. The children seem truly happy at this school. I would not have it any other way.

Posted April 24, 2012
The earlier reviews that are negative are certainly not indicative of the school rating in my opinion. The school is clean and technology is the latest. Children are engaged and teachers make learning fun.

Posted August 25, 2011
I love this school. They are a very high tech school this year. The classrooms are clean. Playgrounds are safe. Teachers are enthusiastic as well as the principal. I am glad I did not pay attention to earlier reviews and sent my child here.

Posted September 29, 2010
I have been pleased with the amount of progress this school has had. My child has been going to Koontz for 3 years now. He is now in 4th grade. His teacher last year worked with him constantly to get his reading on level and he excelled in math so much so that she worked with him on above 3rd grade work. The teachers and given a bad name for things that are beyond their control. From personal experience I know that few parents want to be involved and childrens behavior is a big issue. The teachers are doing their best to teach at the highest level they can. I will keep my child in this school.

Elizabeth Duncan Koontz Elementary School 1

Posted May 25, 2010
I as well am haveing issues with this school. We recently moved here and the work they are having my son do in 1st grade at this school he did in Pre-K and Kindergarten where we lived previously. Also in addition to the other parent about her son being told "NO TATTLEING" we are having the same issue for our son today he was in trouble for telling a child he was going to hit him yes this is wrong but the problem is my son was told this "no tattleing" thing and the child he threatened was pushing and shoving him and since he can't tattle he gets in trouble for acting out.

Elizabeth Duncan Koontz Elementary School 1

Posted March 02, 2010
I do not like this school. My son is doing poorly in reading. They don't help him with his class work, it is always coming home unfinished. I talked to the principal about getting him moved to another class and they refussed to move him to another class. My son is getting picked on and the teacher won't do anything, I tolf him to tell hi teacher when a kid picks on him and he said he is not allowed to tattle, he says the teacher always says 'No tattleing'. They don't care about the kids or there future. I will try to transfer him to another school.

Posted July 23, 2009
This school has dedicated teachers and administrators. Every child is given a chance to succeed. I am very pleased with the progress I have seen taking place at this school during the 2008-2009 school year. It is obvious that teachers care about the well-being and success of their students.

Elizabeth Duncan Koontz Elementary School
685 East Ritchie Rd, Salisbury, NC  28146
Last modified Elizabeth Duncan Koontz Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.