Posted April 22, 2014
Worst school to ever send your child to. Took our son out in January 2014 the principal nkr the teachers cared that our child was being picked on and the kids kept stealing his snack and no one ever tried to resolve the situation. They also would not allow our son to wear the sold color sweater coat we bought for him so he would be cold during lunch. He has medical issues with being cold and even with speaking to the principal and teacher he was still not able to wear the jacket except in the class room. There are other charter school in the area please please use think twice before putting your child in this school.

J Glenn Edwards Elementary School 4

Posted February 21, 2013
I LOVE J.Glenn Edwards. Edwards is a uniform school and think it helps with structure and keeps the children on the same level. My two children have attended this school for the past 3 school years and I could not be more pleased. I have experienced teachers from every grade due to how my childrens grades have overlapped and have no complants. In my opinion Edwards is the best school in Lee County.

Posted November 15, 2012
This is the worst school environment any of my children have ever been in. We are a military family, have been in many different schools in. Even with 2 high schoolers, we have never had a problems. My 3rd grade child had privileges such as going to recess or being able to talk during lunch taken away due to not understanding, on her second day, that she was supposed to bring a workbook page to lunch with her. She was forced to walk in front of the class and write her name on the board and allowed only to walk around in one parking space during lunch for misunderstanding the instructions. This in only one example. She wakes up in the night or cannot sleep because she is afraid that her homework is not perfect and she will have privileges taken. RED FLAG! I have spoken to the teacher numerous times, who is condescending and appears not to care about my concerns. She states that I am the first one who has had a problem in the 14 years she has been there. I have tried to speak with the principal who is always too busy and never returns phone calls. We will be homeschooling until we can relocate to Pinehurst. PLEASE DO YOUR RESEARCH before sending your child here.

J Glenn Edwards Elementary School 5

Posted September 21, 2011
Went to the parent night met the teachers, assistant principal & PTO & loved them. Opened up todays paper & read about them Love them more. This is some where that your kids are watched after and taught well.

J Glenn Edwards Elementary School 5

Posted September 20, 2011
I agree, my child goes to this school to with the other parent who posted. This school does the best it can do with the area it is in. The principal & staff was working around the clock cleaning up the community when the tornado did extensive damage to the school. The staff does care, of course everywhere you go you have few that dont, but I think most of them are gone now. I think parents just need to stay involved to know what is going on & if they dont like something try to fix it.

Posted June 09, 2011
This is by far the worst school that my kids have attended!!! I would not recommend sending any kid here. We are moving to another state due to jobs and I am so excited and so are my kids to get out of this school. I have a first and fourth grader and the teacher for first grade, should have been teaching in ISS for highschool. She really needs to evaluate why she started teaching many years ago and reinforce that again.. And the pricipal is just as bad, she will defend her staff EVEN when they are wrong!! I have gone there many times to show proof and their excuse is always that they overlooked it!! Really?? In my opinion, most are there just to collect a paycheck!!!

Posted October 08, 2009
This school does not care about your child, especially the principal. There is peer pressure and picking on and stealing and no child is treated fair or good.

Posted June 02, 2009

J Glenn Edwards Elementary School
3115 Cemetery Road, Sanford, NC  27330
Last modified J Glenn Edwards Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
J Glenn Edwards Elementary School Rating: 2 out of 5 based on 8 reviews.