Bad
Good

Posted April 05, 2006
I disagree that Tramway 'leaves behind' kids with academic struggles. I have adaughter who is ADHD and struggles with everything. Her teachers have always gone above and beyond to get her the help she needed. When she struggled with reading, she was put in the 'Just Read' program and given extra help. Now she recieves math tutoring to help with that. Also the school was fundamental with helping to gether ADHD diagnosed so she could get the help she needed. And no, the school didn't come to me suggesting she get medicated, I went to them and asked for help. As for 'hand picking' thier students..there is no academic information on the application sheets. Nothing that amounts to more than name, address and phone number are used to randomly select students. No one has any idea how a new student will perform until after they are in the school.

Posted January 09, 2006
My two kids are at Tramway, and I must say that I am satisfied with the results that I get. The teachers are wonderful and are always willing to go above and beyond their duties if they think it will increase the students progress. My kids are African-American,their are only a few in each class which makes them part of the minority within their school population, I have never heard of prejudice from students or faculty. Being in an environment that promotes achievement, learning and success makes a difference in the way kids view the importance of their academics. I'm glad that my kids education is important not to just me 'the parent' but to each individual that has a role in laying the academic foundation.

Tramway Elementary School 1

Posted November 30, 2005
Tramway has only been a School of Excellence because they hand pick their students. They also cater to the academically excelled children and the children that have learning disabilities or struggle with certain areas get left behind. My son had difficulty with reading and math. I begged from help from the vice-principal, teachers, and school board and no one would help. When I pulled my son out of Tramway he was in the 5th grade on the 2nd grade reading level. He was discouraged and hated school and the teachers wondered why! Wouldn't you hate school if everything was a struggle? I now homeschool my child and he is at or above grade level w/ all his subjects!

Posted February 10, 2005
I love Tramway. My children attended another elementary school before Tramway, and the instruction was less than par. My oldest started Tramway in 2nd grade, and my middle child started in 1st grade. For the younger, she left kindergarden not reading on level. We were told by her prior school that there was no hope for her, she simply didnt want to learn. After starting Tramway, she left 1st grade reading on a 3rd grade level. This summer my youngest will start kindergarden at Tramway as long as the school board doesn't mess it up, he will be able to attend through 5th grade.

Posted January 24, 2005
My daughter attended Tramway from K-5th grade. I believe she was given the best education, in the most nurturing environment. We had to move out of the area and just wish that we could have taken the school with us!

Posted September 07, 2004
My daughter is in her 5th year here. The school has maintained School of Excellence for several years. They have an involved PTO who has earned a great deal of money to help the school. My daughter's best friend at school is african/american, and is on the A/B honor roll with my daughter. I have not seen the signs of prejudice or racial partiality the other reviewer mentioned. It is, I guess, all in one's perception. The number of days a child is in school at a year round school is exactly the same as a traditional calendar. They are merely structured differently -- 9 weeks on/3 weeks off, and about 5 weeks off in the summer. If anything in 3rd grade, the curriculum seemed to drag (due to EOG testing). I could not ask for a better educational experience for my daughter or myself.

Tramway Elementary School 3

Posted July 01, 2004
This is a good school however, for african american students there is a bias. They are not being given the same opportunities as other students. I have walked through that school and seen the attitude that some of the teachers have. For a year around school they should not be rushing through the curriculum since the school year is longer however, they are. My (african american) child lost motivation within the first two weeks of school because of bias, after being on the A/B honor roll for for all of her school experience. For African American parents, take part in your childs education.

Tramway Elementary School
360 Center Church Rd, Sanford, NC  27330
Last modified Tramway Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.