Southern Lee High School 1

Posted December 04, 2014
I have had 3 students at SLHS since 2009. In those 5 years, SLHS has gone through 3 or 4 principals. The last principal was horrible & the current principal is useless. They focus on ridiculous rules ("since fights happen at the end of lunch, we will shave 5 minutes off of everyone's lunch so they won't have time to fight" - like I said, ridiculous), and football. My 3rd senior has been in gifted classes, and signed up for 4 AP classes for his last year - he only got ONE of them. AP classes and advancement in academics is not promoted. They simply want to push the students through like sheep. My son skipped 2 grades, and only lacked 2 credits for graduation this year. Instead of rewarding such academic achievement, he's in mindless electives instead. The only good thing at this school is the JROTC program. I went to 9 schools growing up - private and public. As a military family, my children (5 of my 7 kids) have gone to a total of 17 schools, and Southern Lee High School is hands down the WORST of the WORST. It's hard for me to even fathom how terrible this school is, and I've had kids there for 5 long years. Something needs to be done!!!

Posted November 06, 2009
Great community school! Large enough without being overwhelming. Great teachers,students, and parents.

Southern Lee High School 0

Posted May 13, 2009
I am a freshman in High School and I went to Southern Lee High for the beggining of this year and I can say that it is one of the best schools I have ever attended. I have went to various schools in North Carolina and Louisiana but this has got to be the best by far. I am currently attending Sarepta High School in Sarepta LA but I can say that Southern surpasses it on may levels. There are so many different classes and many different extra-curricular activities that it is impossible to get bored with the classes you are taking. There is always something going on. There are many different sports and/or clubs to choose from and the staff is great. There are rarely ever major disipline problems adn very few minor problems. The principle is wonderful. He gets involved with everything. This is a great school.

Posted August 04, 2008
As parents of three Southern Lee students, I can tell you that we are proud of the educational opportunities our children have been provided. Our oldest (a senior) will apply to colleges this year with a transcript that is well rounded, extracurricular activities that were challenging, and test results that are well above average. We're proud of the progress made by such a 'young' school and look forward to even more successes as our new principal takes over.

Southern Lee High School 4

Posted July 06, 2008
in my opinion, southern exceeds lee county high school...by far. when you first walk in the door your welcomed by a bright and happy atmosphere. it's also really clean, which is a huge difference the lee county. school pride is taken to the max and i think that's really important. our former principal, mr lassiter, was absolutely amazing. he listened to everyones needs and did'nt favor just one group. he will truely be missed. To everyone who believes their child 'hasn't learned anything' or believes southern is 'ignorant of the important issues' is just ignorant themselves. i've been at southern for 2 years and i love it. ya'll are wrong! :]

Posted May 22, 2008
When Hans Lassiter was there, It was a great school. Now it's slipping.... Personal experience!

Southern Lee High School 3

Posted March 02, 2008

Southern Lee High School 0

Posted January 16, 2008
My son came to Southern from a private school. Since going to Southern he has gone from C's to A'S and B'S. He is happier and is more mature than he was last year . He has had lots of support from the staff at Southern Lee and loves it. I think Mr Lassiter does a great job and am proud of this school.

Posted August 23, 2007
Great school, wonderful experience for our daughter. Senior year and we're expecting the best! Kids respect and like principal- he knows many by name, often sits down to lunch w/them.

Southern Lee High School 2

Posted August 02, 2007

Southern Lee High School
2301 Tramway Road, Sanford, NC  27332
Last modified Southern Lee High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Southern Lee High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 16 reviews. Top