Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Too much (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (2 responses)

Posted April 06, 2016
My 5th grader is loving his first year at Hawbridge. The classes are very small and the teachers are excellent and are able to differentiate very effectively from what I can tell - my child is doing advanced math work in his small group. They also do a lot of project-based learning which he really enjoys, and they get to spend a fair amount of time outside each day. He has also been rock climbing with a school trip and is excited to take the outdoor skills class in 6th grade. It is a small school with a great sense of community and everyone works together. The 5th grade building is not very "glamorous" looking but the kids don't care and they all seem to love it there.

Posted November 22, 2015
Hawbrdige is great!! I knew I wanted my children to attend this school since I first learned of its exsistance.

Posted March 22, 2015
Hawbridge is outstanding! The teachers are fantastic and go the extra mile to reach students and keep parents in the loop. They encourage the students to be independent thinkers and celebrate their differences. Our son will graduate from Hawbridge in a couple years and we will be sending our daughter there as well. We are thrilled with this school.

Posted May 29, 2014
The Hawbridge School has been a great match for my child. I am so happy I found a place he could thrive and belong! The academic and arts programs are wonderful, and the small class size helps the teachers to really focus on the needs of the individual children. My child has done well in this environment, has made lifelong friends and will graduate and go on to a good college. I couldn't be happier!

Posted February 25, 2014
The small size of the school is ideal for the student who did not thrive in a traditional public school setting. The teachers are true educators -- committed, dynamic, and really interesting people. The curriculum is challenging and innovative. I'm grateful that my daughter was accepted into the first sixth grade class; we intend to keep her there through high school.

Posted February 19, 2013
This is an ideal school for a student who thrives with extra attention, and close relationships with faculty and other students. There is no hype here. It's mainly about hands on learning and working in groups. The school is right next to a river, and this river is heavily utilized in the curriculum. This school is best for a student who is more interested in learning than competing for grades and extra credit experiences for college. They have a wide range of honors classes and some AP classes, but not as much as some of the nearby schools. The faculty is outstanding and the best part of the school.

Posted September 06, 2007
My daughter is working alot better on her work since going to the school. I am very proud of her and the school is the best one I have seen around to make sure that the students feel comfortable and are learning everything and make sure they are not falling behind. Very good school for anyone to send their kid.

The Hawbridge School
1735 Saxapahaw Bethlehem Rd, Saxapahaw, NC  27340
Last modified The Hawbridge School is a Charter school that serves grades 6-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.