Bad
Good

I am the grandmother of 10 children from the age of 3 to 26. Our # 9 granddaughter started kindergarden at Shawboro Elementary School. After being involved in many other schools I have been very impressed with Shawboro. The Principal, staff and teachers are all so sincere. It is very obvious how much they all love and care for their students. From the minute the students get off of bus or dropped off by parents they are greated with sincere kindness that carries through the whole day.

My child went to this school for 5th Grade. He really enjoyed his teacher and the staff. I knew he was learning when he told me " the coyote in cartoons has too much inertia when he runs off the cliff". The creative teaching style was perfect for him. His teacher really knew how to engage 10 and 11 yr olds.

This school is a great school. The staff are helpful, kind, and pleasant. The facility is clean! We moved here from upstate ny and this school is 30x better!

I've got my share of grievances with this school. Besides it looking like a prison work facility they really need to pay more attention to the kids who need help. I've had my daughter tested by their "bare minimum standards" to have them come back and say there's nothing wrong. She's been contested into the 4th grade, 5th grade, and by the looks so far, the 6th. Teaching to the EOG's doesn't cut it in my book or any sensible parents' book. We've had her professionally tested and it's clear she has a learning disability. Sorry this school doesn't see it fitting to cater to another student with troubles but isn't that their job? You can pick out one student and advertise that you supply the needs but when 20 more don't get those needs then it's a farce. Pretty on the outside, garbage inside. I've no gripe with the teachers, they do a great job when they can. It's the system I have a real problem with and this school has really opened my eyes to the travesty of our childrens' education.

Oh .how we MISS this school since we moved!!!! It is truly an EXCELLENT SCHOOL!!! :)

My sons go to school there. The faculty and staff are very dedicated and go out of their way to recoganize my children as individuals. The technology that this school has to offer is beyond that of what you can expect from some 'big city' school.

My daughter attend this school and has been doing well. She has ADD and the teachers are working very hard to address her needs with modified lessons that is given to enhance her reading ability. She loves going to school and enjoy working with the class. I appreciate the teachers doing strategies with her to get her in the mode of thinking about her concepts and allowing her to solve the problems faced in math and reading. I do feel that test are hard for her but her effort shown in the classroom and during homework has worked out to becoming a milestone for her. She is improving day by day. Thank you teachers at Shawboro.

I currently have 2 children in Shawboro Elementary, and I am thrilled with the individual attention they receive in class.

Two of my kids have attended Shawboro and have been given the attention that they needed to succeed in school. The teachers are pleasant and demanding at the same time, which is good for my childs education.

Last modified The J P Knapp School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.