Bad
Good

Posted February 06, 2013
Smithfiled-Selma Highschool is very encouraging when it comes to my education. They provide all of my classmates and I the very best opportunites such as Honors, AP and now the IB program courses. The IB program is a global diploma that is seen highly impressive to colleges. Although this school has much put down in the past, this school is now at its turning point to fulfill its greatest potential.

Posted July 24, 2012
My daughter attends SSS and I am very pleased with her education. She takes honors classes, is active in clubs and sports. Academically she is very challenged. Her teachers are all excellent and promptly reply to my emails when I have questions. I see Mr. Taylor, the principal, at most events. He is always available for questions. Folks in the office are always courteous and helpful. Our PTO keeps us informed about what's going on. She hasn't had any problems with other students and I think that our diverse student population is helpful in learning to navigate the world after graduation. Beginning in fall '14 SSS will have an IB programme. I highly recommend this school.

Posted March 31, 2010
SSS has a diverse population in many respects....economic, the student's personal drive to succeed, intellectual agility, ethnic group, and whether they have support (or not) at home....all of these things set the stage for the student experience. If your child wants to take challenging classes and apply themselves, and if you support that effort, there is ample opportunity for them to get a solid education. SSS students qualify for more scholarship money than any of the other county high schools. This is one of many good schools in Johnston County. I have two children attending SSS and I do not work for the school system.

Posted October 03, 2009
Our school is made up of a very diverse population, which gives our student body, faculty, and staff members an opportunity to continually learn from one another. Our administration works extremely well together and truly has the best interest of our students, as well as the faculty and staff members, in mind as they carry our their daily duties. Our faculty members maintain a very high level of professionalism and work diligently to provide each student the opportunity to receive a top rated education, in preparation for each student's success as a contributing member of the global society they will enter post high school.

Smithfield-Selma High 3

Posted November 18, 2008
I attended this school and graduated, which seems to happen rarely here. Some of the teachers actually did their jobs other couldn't care less. Discipline was a very big issue because the students themselves had none. The school has gotten better since I graduated which is very reassuring.

Smithfield-Selma High 1

Posted April 20, 2008
This school is horrible. I once attended this school with the gangs and lack of strive from staff and others left me in awe . Triple SSS is an evil to the community.

Smithfield-Selma High 4

Posted August 15, 2007
I am a Senior at Smithfield-Selma, and have attended all four years. I love this school. The reputation we have acquired is completely false. Safety is certainly not a concern. I have walked through those halls a thousand times and can say with confidence that I haven't ever felt threatened or as if I was in immanent danger. The clubs and services provided are designed to meet the needs of the students, and they achieve that goal yearly. I alone, am in nearly 6 clubs.. all are different. The sports selection maybe be limited but has been a priority for quite a while, and they are trying to strengthen that program. I love this school and wouldn't think twice before recommending it to ANY parent, student, or teacher. Facts are facts, this school has been meeting requirements for years and the principal is fantastic. Give it a chance, its not bad!

Posted July 24, 2007
Im a student at Triple S and I love it. We've got a bit of a reputation among the other local schools, but I think it just boils down to High School rivalries.

Posted July 09, 2007
I was skeptical at first about my daughter attending SSS, but I have been pleased with the school thus far. They have plenty of extracurrilar activities for the students, and plenty of educational courses is provided.

Posted May 07, 2007
I have two children who are students at SSS. I have been very pleased with the quality of teachers and the principal. However, the curriculum is limited when compared to other schools in the western part of Johnston County. The emphasis on placing resources in more affluent areas to the west appears to be politically motivated by the County Commissioners.

700 Booker Dairy Rd, Smithfield, NC  27577
Last modified Smithfield-Selma High is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.