Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Not enough (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Somewhat effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted July 31, 2016
Yes ms deVane is s true compassion person. She helped me out so much on my senior year 2010.

Teacher effectiveness: Somewhat effective

Posted July 31, 2016
I only had one good teacher at SSS she looked out for me during my worst times at SSS while nobody else cared.

Amount of homework: Not enough

Posted July 31, 2016
As a former student at SSS never give any homework most of the time. Terrible learning environment.

Develops grit: Strongly disagree

Posted July 31, 2016
Never! I was ignored most of the time. If not they rude to me if i needed something or help.

Develops respect: Strongly disagree

Posted July 31, 2016
No never have! Just never let your child go this school it like the dark side to me every day

Develops empathy: Strongly disagree

Posted July 31, 2016
The school never showed any compassion at all. Sad but true just poorly run school

Smithfield-Selma High 1

Posted July 31, 2016
Felt like a number at this school. Never let your child go this school. They treat the special needs kids like the step children.

Develops honesty: Strongly disagree

Posted July 31, 2016
I had a hard time dealing with mr Jacobs that was the principle. Slack management

Smithfield-Selma High 5

Posted February 06, 2013
Smithfiled-Selma Highschool is very encouraging when it comes to my education. They provide all of my classmates and I the very best opportunites such as Honors, AP and now the IB program courses. The IB program is a global diploma that is seen highly impressive to colleges. Although this school has much put down in the past, this school is now at its turning point to fulfill its greatest potential.

Smithfield-Selma High 5

Posted July 24, 2012
My daughter attends SSS and I am very pleased with her education. She takes honors classes, is active in clubs and sports. Academically she is very challenged. Her teachers are all excellent and promptly reply to my emails when I have questions. I see Mr. Taylor, the principal, at most events. He is always available for questions. Folks in the office are always courteous and helpful. Our PTO keeps us informed about what's going on. She hasn't had any problems with other students and I think that our diverse student population is helpful in learning to navigate the world after graduation. Beginning in fall '14 SSS will have an IB programme. I highly recommend this school.

700 Booker Dairy Rd, Smithfield, NC  27577
Last modified Smithfield-Selma High is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.