Posted February 06, 2013
Smithfiled-Selma Highschool is very encouraging when it comes to my education. They provide all of my classmates and I the very best opportunites such as Honors, AP and now the IB program courses. The IB program is a global diploma that is seen highly impressive to colleges. Although this school has much put down in the past, this school is now at its turning point to fulfill its greatest potential.

Posted July 24, 2012
My daughter attends SSS and I am very pleased with her education. She takes honors classes, is active in clubs and sports. Academically she is very challenged. Her teachers are all excellent and promptly reply to my emails when I have questions. I see Mr. Taylor, the principal, at most events. He is always available for questions. Folks in the office are always courteous and helpful. Our PTO keeps us informed about what's going on. She hasn't had any problems with other students and I think that our diverse student population is helpful in learning to navigate the world after graduation. Beginning in fall '14 SSS will have an IB programme. I highly recommend this school.

Posted March 31, 2010
SSS has a diverse population in many respects....economic, the student's personal drive to succeed, intellectual agility, ethnic group, and whether they have support (or not) at home....all of these things set the stage for the student experience. If your child wants to take challenging classes and apply themselves, and if you support that effort, there is ample opportunity for them to get a solid education. SSS students qualify for more scholarship money than any of the other county high schools. This is one of many good schools in Johnston County. I have two children attending SSS and I do not work for the school system.

Posted October 03, 2009
Our school is made up of a very diverse population, which gives our student body, faculty, and staff members an opportunity to continually learn from one another. Our administration works extremely well together and truly has the best interest of our students, as well as the faculty and staff members, in mind as they carry our their daily duties. Our faculty members maintain a very high level of professionalism and work diligently to provide each student the opportunity to receive a top rated education, in preparation for each student's success as a contributing member of the global society they will enter post high school.

Posted February 09, 2009

Smithfield-Selma High 3

Posted November 18, 2008
I attended this school and graduated, which seems to happen rarely here. Some of the teachers actually did their jobs other couldn't care less. Discipline was a very big issue because the students themselves had none. The school has gotten better since I graduated which is very reassuring.

Posted September 15, 2008

Smithfield-Selma High 1

Posted April 20, 2008
This school is horrible. I once attended this school with the gangs and lack of strive from staff and others left me in awe . Triple SSS is an evil to the community.

Posted February 08, 2008

Smithfield-Selma High 1

Posted January 19, 2008

Smithfield-Selma High
700 East Booker Dairy Road, Smithfield, NC  27577
Last modified Smithfield-Selma High is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Smithfield-Selma High Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 24 reviews.