Posted September 29, 2014
It's very disappointing to have a school that allows their athletes to cuss at other players and make crude remarks even to the referees.

Posted September 09, 2014
This is the first year our children are attending The O'Neal School (one child in elementary and one in middle school). We are extremely happy so far with the administration, the teachers and the curriculum. Our children are very happy in their new school environment and with their classes and assignments. We cannot wait to see what the rest of the year holds! Great job O'Neal!

Posted May 20, 2014
I am a parent of a Middle School and High School student and am very pleased with the education that they are receiving. The change in Headmaster was a very positive move and things are heading in a very good direction now. I am very impressed with what I have heard about the college admissions process and look forward to that experience.

Posted May 20, 2014
My daughter has attended the O'Neal school since kindergarten. As she approaches High School in the fall she is already confident that she will attend the college of her choice. She is so very well prepared academically and socially to complete her education, all thanks to The O'Neal School learning environment.

Posted May 02, 2014
I was very interested in enrolling my children at The O'Neal School this upcoming school year. I made an appointment and traveled from Alabama for this meeting. I waited 55 minutes for the admissions counselor before I left as I had another appointment at Pope John Paul II. I am pleased to say my children will be attending PJP next year.

Posted February 16, 2014
As first-year O'Neal parents of a middle schooler, we have been very pleased with our experience thus far. Having had our daughter at other local schools in the area, the academic experience at O'Neal has been superior, with faculty providing challenging material in a supportive environment. The only reason issue we have had was there were a few unexpected mid-year faculty/staff transitions, however, the headmaster stepped in and handled them in a manner that created minimal impact for students and day-to-day school functioning. Additionally, as a middle-class military family, we were concerned about the potential of the school tending to be too "elitist", however, the faculty, staff, and administration have treated not only us, but all members of the community with dignity, and in a very welcoming manner. Our child has also experienced a positive social transition.

Posted November 10, 2013
We are lower school parents and are very impressed by the quality of O'Neal. Having been to other similar sized private schools out of state I will not hesitate to say that O'Neal is at least as good if not better. We feel it was definitely the best choice for this area. In particular I am satisfied by the Lower School leadership and the overall sense of discipline that we see. Our teacher is very responsive and really knows our child.

Posted November 08, 2013
It reads that some people have had a bad experience at The O'Neal School. Maybe it wasn't the right fit for them. Not every school is a good fit for everyone. The O'Neal School has high expectations of students and parents. It teaches my child a strong sense of value and independence. I am very happy with my experience at the school. No, not everyone gets their way with the principals. Sometimes people say no to you. It is a good lesson for my child to learn that you do not get everything you want in life. I hope everyone who attends O'Neal has as good an experience as my family has now.

Posted August 27, 2013
There was a mass exodus from the school this past year. As has been said from other reviews, the leadership is terrible and is starting to show by the number of students and teachers leaving.

Posted June 30, 2013
Unless you want to pay a lot of money just for a safe environment, the public schools in the area are better. The principal is terrible - zero social skills, zero character, and zero care for alumni. The teachers are good and do the best they can with this true lack of leadership!

The O'Neal School