Bad
Good

I am thankful for the school leaders letting Health Occupations Students of America (HOSA) Future Healthcare Professionals be at South Brunswick High School. This organization gives students an opportunity to learn leadership,teamwork, and compassion for humanity. I may be teaching the next student that will discover the cure for cancer. We are about all medical professions. I wanted to say thank you to the community in Brunswick County for their support of this organization.

In general, we have found the teachers to be knowledgeable in their subject areas and responsive to our emails about grades, homework. Academic rigor, especially in non-honor, non-AP classes, is lacking. In addition, there is room for a great deal of improvement at this school. First, communication between parents and school administration needs to vastly improve. Robocalls are fine for short notice on events but an radically improved school website would let parents and students know important events well ahead of time. For example, testing dates for the year, including ACT and SAT testing. Secondly, guidance needs to become more proactive in communicating important information about college preparation for all four years of high school. Parent coffees by grade level would help. We have been pleased with the safe environment the school provides and I hope the new principal will work to make SBSH a more academically progressive school.

This school needs more structure, less hours, cooperative staff.......bottom line, it needs to be like a Northern school.

Teachers seem to be ok. But the admin staff along with counselors is a bit lack luster. I feel moving from the north that this school is not serious enough about college bound students. Transferring high school credits is a fight. Seriously! My daughter took the classes she is now in 8th grade. What a way to move backwards. Southern schools are behind compared to the north. The lack of class options in foreign language (only Spanish) is a joke. Everything is a struggle to get things done and I am not impressed. We are looking at a private school.

This school is just amazing! I have moved around and when I first arrived as a sophomore I was scared but the teachers were just so kind and I made friends quickly. Everyone treats each other with respect and you never see bullying in the hall ways. The administration from the Principle Mr. Price to the administrators always smile and try to spark conversations with you if they get the chance to talk to you. The sports program is also great and the team spirit gets so high especially during football season. The AP program is great ( Mrs. Birdyshaw, Mrs. Hunter, and Mr. Clark are awesome :) ). When I grow up I will for sure teach at this school.

Great school with awesome principal and exceptional A/P teachers and staff.

I go to this school, it is amazing and the principal couldn't get any better :)

South Brunswick High School is the best school in Brunswick County without a doubt. The Principal, Mr. Vann Pennell is of the highest quality I have ever seen in my lifetime. The staff and teachers care and respect their peers and students. Students are generally well mannered and graduate well prepared for their future. Their is nothing I would change about SBHS, it is a wonderful high school. I would reccomend this school to anyone!

I love the people here. .But some of the teachers are weird. .And they check people out. .But other than that, i love this school. .And im glad im back! <3

Last modified South Brunswick High is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.