Posted April 18, 2011
To the person who has an issue with the ipods and the "waste of money" that they perceive has happened... that decision was made by the school board and the current school administration, not North High School. If you want to do something positive for the school -campaign for fair attendance zones and equal access to courses. Again a great school that has been hindered by biased decision making.

Posted February 01, 2011
I'm a North Rowan student, & proud of it. I agree that maybe we shouldn't have spent so much money on Ipods, because maybe then, we wouldn't have so many fundraisers. But North is a great school. And our band is amazing. I should know. I hear them play everyday. I'm a band student at NRHS myself. It's a good school, please don't hate it.<3

Posted December 14, 2010
This school isn't good, it lacks DISCIPLINE, creativeness, and diverse classes. They wastes money on unnecessary things, like the grant for iPods. They should use the money to help renew outdated items. They need to replace certain teachers cause they don't care, don't enforce discipline, and lets the students run the class. This school lacks creativity, most clubs are plain. They should create clubs that diverse kids would enjoy. And this school needs new classes. Like a class for future engineers or lawyers. Yet they lack that and force kids to take tests and our scores goes down. They need to realize that this school needs change.

North Rowan High School 0

Posted March 25, 2010
I dont like my child attending north, the pronciple is bad and lets my kid get bullied.

Posted June 18, 2009

Posted October 23, 2007

Posted August 19, 2007

Posted April 30, 2007
Very Disappointing school. Nothing but trouble. I wish I could have cot my son out of there

North Rowan High School 4

Posted November 18, 2006
- a former student
North Rowan High School is a great school full of opportunities and a wonderful faculty. I was extremely lucky to attend the school and have a wonderful caring staff and a great student body. You can make your educational experience the best or the worst. Parental involvement in all avenues of the school is very lacking and the community does not tell the story of this wonderful center of learning in Spencer. North has not been given the recognition and the funding needed versus the other high schools in the system. We have to fight and work for everything at North! I would recommend to any parent that their child will receive the best educational experience at North if they are willing to become involved and send their child to school ready to learn. Come be part of the Cavalier Pride of North Rowan High School!

North Rowan High School 4

Posted November 07, 2006
- a former student
As a graduate of North Rowan and a recent graduate of Catawba College overall I feel that North is a good school. They have great educators but do not provide as many academic options as other schools. North also has pretty good athletic teams and extracurricular activities, however, clubs are not as active in the school as they should be (SGA). Also parent involvement is more directed towards athletics rather than academics. One of its best features is its diversified but open and friendly population. I feel that North is a safe and well disciplined school and would highly recommend attending it.

North Rowan High School
300 North Whitehead Avenue, Spencer, NC  28159
Last modified North Rowan High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
North Rowan High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 14 reviews.