Bad
Good

North Rowan Elementary School has helped my child so much in the past year. One of the best teachers is Mrs. Abele. She has been instrumental in helping my child to reach for the stars. She is an educator that I will never forget. She takes time to review lessons with my child to ensure that my child understands.

Great school, especially for kids with autism. Kids are treated with compassion and patience. Also more gifted kids are given brain-challenging work. My kids looked forward to going to school there.

I have a son at this school in Kindergarten and so far I've been happy with the parent/teacher communication that I've received. There are a great bunch of teachers at this school who really care about their kids. Every time I go to eat lunch or visit with my son, the students seem to be well behaved and enjoying themselves. Can't ask for more!

North Rowan Elementary school is an excellent school. The teachers treat the students fairly. The teachers don't have cell phones in the classroom and they don't yell at the students. All the students are supreme and get the stuff they need to in order to become a grown adult. The teachers give us homework for the education we need. They use technology to teach the students. The teachers don't just stand there all day, they teach us! North Rowan Elementary is a fantastic school.

I think this school very amazing. If we don't understand something then we can ask the teachers and the teachers will explain it to us nicely. It is also because they don't care which color skin we have; they just want us to get smarter and smarter. Also, the teachers don't yell at us, they respect us! The teachers teach us about things we don't know yet like GPS. I learned that a GPS could help us find our way back to where we started. We also have guidance. In guidance we learn that we shouldn't do drugs and use good judgement.

I was surprised and disappointed when I read some of the reviews. I am at the school constantly and can say 100% that this a hard working, determined group of teachers and staff. It is a sweet bunch of kids and it has gotten a bad rap. The teachers stay late and lug work home. They go above and beyond to help the students. It's a loving, positive environment. I challenge anyone to go and observe. They will see only good.

This school should be monitored better. I was very disturbed by the way most of the teachers act over there. They are very loud, and not very nice. I am sure that there are a few good ones, but the majority of them are not good.

I have two kids in this school and so far its doing fine. Especially since they got all new computers. My 3rd grader went from almost failing 2nd grade to straight A's this year so far. My K is missing a lot of days due to viruses but the teacher is good Miss Cook. She has already learned a ton more than she knew going in and I have made several surprise trips up there and her class is very well organized and she even has a helper. Mrs. Wood. They are doing a fine job the kids are well behaved and quiet when I arrive unannounced. I will keep monitoring the kids progress and keep everyone updated.

My comment would be that the Parents need to go check up on these teachers because I have noticed some of them Yell at the Kids. And just because the teaches have phones in their room I think they take advantage of it because I getcalls sometimes even at work to tell me my child broke a pencil on purpose or that my child talked during a quiet time.....

This is not a great school. There are a few teachers here who are great at what they do, but it's mostly the children that make it bad. Most of the teachers can't control them. No control over the children, no respect for the teachers, just a bad environment for the children who do actually want to learn.

Last modified North Rowan Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 1 out of 10 based on academic quality.