Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

Develops character: Strongly disagree

I enrolled My son this year even after seeing the rating of this school... But unfortunately, where we were living, we had no choice but to send him there. My son is in kindergarten, and I hate to say this, but this is the absolute worst school I have ever seen. I don't think the teachers actually take their time with their students and help then learn what they need to be learning. My son comes home with homework every night ! He's in KINDERGARTEN. Why does a child his age need that much how work ?? His teacher is a grouchy old lady and I won't even begin to start on his bus driver. Please, do yourself and your child a favor, and don't send your child to this school. If you want your child to be better educated on what he or she should be learning, then go else where.. your child shouldn't have to deal with negative, hateful teachers that don't care about their education. They are only there for the money.

My kids has been having issues every day we move them there my fouth hates his teacher and i have went up there to talk to them cause my son said the teacher got in his face and they just said we will talk to her. I went off !!!!! Then my daughter teacher is not that good we can not understand her and they don't send spelling or reading home now they talking bout keeping her back. That's not going to happened with my kids i'm pulling them out and moving to a better School . don't send your kids there the teachers are unprofessional and the staff is very unfriendly.

Unfortunately, Mrs. Ray is not at Manchester. Anyone who is a good teacher or administrative staff, will not stay at Manchester. If you are a military family, do not send your children to Manchester. The teachers are not caring or qualified to teach in such a low income school. It has been a nightmare at this school. There is so much bad behavior among the students, teachers cannot teach. The teachers are so unprofessional and fake with the exception of Ms. D. Johnson.

Manchester Elementary is a great school with great teachers and students. Patty Ray who has been assigned to your school will do a wonderful Job.

If it wasn't for my daughters doing exceptionally well here they would have gotten zero stars from me. My son has adhd and since he has been at this school he has also acquired dysthimia as well because his second grade year teacher had no clue as to how to handle a child with adhd. I sat in the class with my son everyday with him for two months to observe myself and it almost felt as if I worked there because I became his teacher in class. The counselor and principal called me everyday to come to the school and always talk to him. He started Ritalin and concerta also to help him here and they still couldn't manage him. If your child has adhd do not send your child here. They need to be educated more on it

I find it highly irrational that if a parent takes their child to this school and the morning bell rings upon arrival that the kids that depend on the breakfast at school are refused breakfast because the bell rang already and are instead sent to class on a hungry stomach. there is no excuse for that something should be done.

I feel that my daughter has had pretty decent teachers in regards to her ADHD, they have been highly considerate of her needs and have given her extra time to complete work but that is just in her case that doesn't mean that all around you will find teachers like hers in this school. The school has a different atmosphere since the change of Principals last year.

I agree with the one review about having a child with a learning/behavioral disability. My child has ADHD and has declined since starting at Manchester. I woud not recommend this school the teachers are not trained and educated on how to handle children with ADHD, with the exception on my sons 1st grade teacher who is no longer there but fostered my son and was able to find the good instead of the bad.

If you have a child with a learning/behavioral disability, then good luck to you. The more we tried to help my daughter and the school with her situation, the more complaints from the school we got back. Doesn't matter if you have an IEP either.

Last modified Manchester Elementary is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.