Posted July 03, 2014
Manchester Elementary is a great school with great teachers and students. Patty Ray who has been assigned to your school will do a wonderful Job.

Manchester Elementary 3

Posted December 11, 2013
If it wasn't for my daughters doing exceptionally well here they would have gotten zero stars from me. My son has adhd and since he has been at this school he has also acquired dysthimia as well because his second grade year teacher had no clue as to how to handle a child with adhd. I sat in the class with my son everyday with him for two months to observe myself and it almost felt as if I worked there because I became his teacher in class. The counselor and principal called me everyday to come to the school and always talk to him. He started Ritalin and concerta also to help him here and they still couldn't manage him. If your child has adhd do not send your child here. They need to be educated more on it

Manchester Elementary 1

Posted September 19, 2013
I find it highly irrational that if a parent takes their child to this school and the morning bell rings upon arrival that the kids that depend on the breakfast at school are refused breakfast because the bell rang already and are instead sent to class on a hungry stomach. there is no excuse for that something should be done.

Posted July 20, 2009

Manchester Elementary 4

Posted May 22, 2009

Manchester Elementary 0

Posted May 06, 2009
I feel that my daughter has had pretty decent teachers in regards to her ADHD, they have been highly considerate of her needs and have given her extra time to complete work but that is just in her case that doesn't mean that all around you will find teachers like hers in this school. The school has a different atmosphere since the change of Principals last year.

Manchester Elementary 0

Posted December 05, 2008
I agree with the one review about having a child with a learning/behavioral disability. My child has ADHD and has declined since starting at Manchester. I woud not recommend this school the teachers are not trained and educated on how to handle children with ADHD, with the exception on my sons 1st grade teacher who is no longer there but fostered my son and was able to find the good instead of the bad.

Manchester Elementary 1

Posted March 07, 2008
If you have a child with a learning/behavioral disability, then good luck to you. The more we tried to help my daughter and the school with her situation, the more complaints from the school we got back. Doesn't matter if you have an IEP either.

Posted November 20, 2004
Manchester's community is like one big, caring family. They foster an air of excellence in everythin the children do, and in turn, children strive to out-do their own best performances on a daily basis. My daughter comes home every day eager to share stories of what exciting new thing she learned, and what she wants to check out on the net because Mr. M 'said.' I believe that the joy for learning that Manchester is teaching their children will remain with the children throughout their lives. Thank you Ms. Poulk!

Manchester Elementary
611 Spring Avenue, Spring Lake, NC  28390
Last modified Manchester Elementary is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Manchester Elementary Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 9 reviews.