Spring Lake, NC

Posted May 11, 2015
Over the past few years, this school has gone downhill. The students that go to this school don't care about their education and cause trouble at the school. Something needs to be done about that. Out of control. The teachers try but it doesn't help. These kids are disrespectful and have no discipline. It's not all the kids but a large majority.

Posted May 07, 2014
Spring lake middle needs to improve in all areas. I wish there was another school my child could go to .

Spring Lake Middle 4

Posted March 27, 2010
I current attend Spring Lake Middle School, and I believe it is the best middle school in the district, but is a victim of stereotypes based on the schools past. We haven't had a fight in years, as well as sexual and drug related problems. The schools standards are set very high, ans students as actually reaching them! And finally, the community is taking notice. Each school year, we have about 3-4 new school buses because more students are letting go of the stereotypes and joining our Spring Lake Middle School family. We have students from Spring Lake, Fayetteville, Fort Bragg, and even Hope Mills! This is one of the most structured, disciplined, accelerated, and challenging schools I've ever been too, and it has certainly prepare me for high school.

Spring Lake Middle 5

Posted February 10, 2009
This is a school of great up comings it had its falls but the students love there school and are striving to keep it open and supporting there teachers and pricipal of two years the students work hard and i should know i was recently a student at this wonderful school . The only reason i left is because my mom is in the army and we had to pcs to yakota, japan and the school i go to now is great but nothing like this one my friends and family are there.

Spring Lake Middle 2

Posted October 05, 2005
Spring Lake Middle-- Where to begin. While I attened this school, there was about a fight a day, fights on the buses, cursing, screaming, anything you could imagine. That school was the worst school I had ever attended. As I was at the school, the scores were literaly the lowest in the county-- the lowest. If you are thinking of placing your child in that school, I highly suggect that you reconsider.

Spring Lake Middle 3

Posted March 31, 2005
I know that Spring Lake has had it's problems in the past but with the strong leadership in place now, I can see it taking a turn for the better. If the school had it's ills, James C. Ellerbe is just what the doctor ordered. He is in touch with the needs of the students as well as the community. I feel he truly cares and has put programs in place to move the school's academic and social standing forward. I hope parents and administrators have the patience to let him see his improvement initiatives come to fruition.

Posted February 01, 2005
My son currently attends Spring Lake Middle and wouldn't want any child to attend such a terrible school. This year could not have been any worse with violence, drugs, gangs, etc. The teachers do not help in the least. They yell and belittle students along with mass discipline. I don't believe there is a worse school in the county. If you have any choice, DO NOT send your child to Spring Lake Middle!

Posted July 22, 2004
I believe this school needs ALOT of work! Teachers should retire if they cannot stand up and get together and get rid of the trouble makers-so the children that are decent can get an education...it seems that everyone is punished because of the trouble children!!! Teachers are there to teach-at this school it seems they are just there to babysit and get a check! Some need to remember to teach not to belittle, holer, tell children to SHUT UP,etc.--TEACH. I as a parent tell my child to learn, but the only thing she learned was how to be rude, get humiliated, and to be wrong just because she attends the school! Oh, and MASS punishment- NO not a good thing! I promise this year I will stand up and let the school board know about alot of things at this school- I encourage all parents to do the same!!!

Spring Lake Middle 3

Posted July 06, 2004
Within the past 3 years that my daughters have attended this school, I have split emotions. When my oldest child was attending, I would've given great reviews, but since my youngest child has attended, I must say I'm disappointed. I've been trying to put my finger on what happened to the positive energy I use to feel when you walked into the doors, it's like most of the children/some staff attitudes changed to non-caring and unattached. The youngest witnessed different things that alerted me to probe further into the matters. What I would like to see, is more parents involved within the school, because the teachers are not the primary source to teach the children to be polite and courteous, that should be taught at home. We as parents need to take a stand and understand that our kids are the future. We need to make a difference in assisting the teachers.

Posted March 03, 2004
I can't wait until my child gets out of this school. Disciplinary actions are based on who you are and how you contribute to the school. I don't think there is any motivation to learn. The school is full of out of control kids. It has nothing to offer to any parent's child.

Spring Lake Middle
612 Spring Avenue, Spring Lake, NC  28390
Last modified Spring Lake Middle is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Spring Lake Middle Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 19 reviews. Top