K-8|Private

Bad
Good

I am impressed with the things my son is learning in second grade. I think he is way ahead of second graders at other schools - not just in the subject matter he is learning, but also in the way that the Montessori method incorporates time management, personal accountability, and community responsibility. He's getting a foundation in the skills he will use his whole life to be a better student, employee, and citizen. That is well worth the cost of tuition!

I can not say enough about how wonderful SMS has been for our children. We love the safe, nurturing environment, and the Montessori method truly helps each student to reach his/her personal and academic potential. In addition to wonderful academics, there is a true community atmosphere where children embrace each other for who they are, and look out for and help each other.

Response to comment posted June 2013- it is shameful that people can hide behind anonymity and try to harm others, that is what is sad. Despite our differing views of child development and what best serves children at different times in their lives, this child was cared for mightily. NEVER was she left alone at the door to picked up by her caregivers- it is impossible at our school, period. And whenever there is a differing of opinions, our director is always called in to help give clarity. That is her job. I am sorry this family feels this way. That being said, we have a fantastic school! Both of my children progressed thru the entire program and are successfully continuing on their paths of higher learning. As a staff member, I am proud of how we go above and beyond the call of duty to help children become happy learners for life. I love my job and am truly vested in helping children reach their potential!

I initially heard great things about this school but after our experience, we will never refer it to others. They did not seem to care about what was going on with my child and just wanted us to pick her up as soon as possible. They would even leave her at the front door by herself with her book bag on her back waiting on me. And she was only four. They called us in for a conference and admitted that they were afraid of my husband coming so they had to bring in backup. Completely inappropriate and we have never raised our voices to them. Very sad. I thought it would have been a good fit for my child but they don't want any kids that are just a little bit out of their comfort zone. Sad...

This former student writes extremely well and seems to understand finances. It seems Statesville Montessori served him/her very well! My three children love the school and I am very pleased with all aspects of their education.

I am a former student of SMS and must say the quality of the academia is on par with other local public schools, but nothing more. The classrooms are small, well managed, and fairly disciplined. SMS doesn't offer anything more than you could receive at one of the local Magnet schools. My advice to parents, spare yourself the hefty price of tuition for grade school, and put that money in a 529 plan for your child's college expenses.

My son Has been there for 3 years and loves it!!!

Last modified Statesville Montessori School is a Private school that serves grades K-8