Southview Christian School

Private | PK-12 | 133 students

Living in Statesville

Situated in a small town neighborhood. The median home value is $105,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $717.

Sweep tile

Posted July 11, 2012

My children have attended Southview Chrisitan School since the late 90's. One has graduated and the others are still enrolled. I could not ask for a better enviroment, or caring teachers and staff. Southview has and will continue to prepare my children for college. If you are looking for academic excellence with a spiritual emphasis for your children's education, this is the place for you.

Posted March 18, 2012

This is an awesome school. My child attends here and we are amazed at what she has learned and the christian atmosphere of the school. The teachers are top notch as well! I would highly recommend this school!!

Posted July 29, 2011

I give this school a DOUBLE THUMBS UP!! All 3 of my children attended SCS and received not only an excellent spiritual education but an excellent academic education as well. 2 of my children graduated from SCS and went on to the college of their choice without any adverse difficulties. Both have excelled in college maintaining high academic GPA's. When Godly principals and high moral standards are taught the academics will be there. I thank God everyday for SCS, the faculty, staff and administration!!!

Posted May 10, 2011

Our children went to Southview. We found the high school ill-equipped in math, science and technology. The highest level of math taught at the time was advanced math. The high school SAT scores were the lowest in the county compared to public high schools. Computer classes were nonexistent. There were no honors classes or AP classes. Only 2 years of Spanish were taught. I have found that students were not ready for college level studies after graduating from Southview. Basic high school courses were offered, but nothing to help the students be more competitive with the rigorous high school courses offered in public high schools. Parents whose kids had 4.0 averages suddenly found their children struggling with college math. It is a school that is at least 20 years behind in its teaching and has not stayed up on the times.

Posted July 18, 2008

All my children attend Southview. It is a Christ-centered, loving, and committed to 'Christian' education school. My children have thrived spiritually and educationally. I could not be more pleased with how the teachers, staff, and administration have been an extension of our home. The rules, boundaries and high expectations of the school only reflect what I as a parent enforce everyday in my Christian home.

Posted January 9, 2008

We have two children who attend Southview. Our oldest son attended public school in kindegarten and never adapted well. This year we put him at Southview and he is loving it. The staff is very caring and concerned about the children. Praise the Lord he opened the door for our children to attend such a great school! I would recomend it to anyone looking for christian school that stands firm on the King James Bible and is not compromising their beliefs.

Posted April 23, 2007

For younger kids, I can see this high school as being up to par. However, I attended high school at Southview and was dissapointed in the intense guidelines as far as dress code goes. Unless your child has attended this school from an early age and is used to the extreme disiplinary actions taken for minor offenses, I suggest putting your high schooler in a different private school. It was hard for me to be comfortable and learn in such a strict environment. I am a firm believer in rules, but this school goes a little too far in most aspects.
—Submitted by a former student

Posted May 30, 2006

After 2 disasterous years in public school, followed by 3 years of homeschool, we found Southview! My child has thrived in the small classes. The staff treat the students and parents with dignity and respect. Southview has been a complete blessing to our family.

Posted March 21, 2006

This school is excellent if you want your child to have a small classroom environment as well as a Christ-centered curriculum. However, the size of this school keeps it from having all the extracurriculars that a public school offers. I would not change my decision to send my child here through the 8th grade then transfer to a public high school. This change offered many more college oppurtunities and helped me to acutally grow in my faith by forcing me to be open about my faith in a 'mixed-religeon' environment. I would highly recommend this school. 2 THUMBS UP!
—Submitted by a former student

Posted August 19, 2004

This school is good school for those who are seeking a excellent education coupled with a Christ centered atmosphere.

American Indian/Alaskan Native 1% 2%
Asian 0% N/A
Native Hawaiian or Pacific Islander 0% N/A
Two or more races 0% N/A
Source: NCES, 2009-2010

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

• Walter Wagner
Best ways for parents to contact the school
  • Phone
  • Coed
Affiliation
  • Baptist
Associations
  • AACS

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious