Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Staff member (1 response)

Third Creek Elementary School
Grateful to: Staff member

Posted November 27, 2015
I would like to say Thank you to our schools receptionist. She helps our school in many ways. We appreciate her caring attitude and all her support.

Third Creek Elementary School 1

Posted April 20, 2015
I was extremely dissatisfied with the instruction my daughter received at this school. With that being said, they scored a "3" out of a possible "10" here on this site, and by North Carolina State standards, this school received a "D" in performance. Since the "Read to Acheive" legislation passed in NC, learning is no longer fun. This school is driven by testing. My child was on the honor roll 3 out of 4 quarters during the 2013-2014 school year and placed into a mediocre 3/4 transition classroom. As a parent, I do not want my child to think that even if she works hard to pass the normal every day stuff, it's still not good enough and she could potentially be held back. I learned this year (2014-2015), that she was actually receiving very little instruction from her teacher. So, my husband and I decided to pull her out and homeschool her. The security at this school is horrible! My ID was never checked when I volunteered in the classroom or pulled my child out of school early, nor was it cross referenced with my students account to ensure that I was in fact on the seemingly imaginary "pick up list." Worst school I have ever come in contact with!

Posted May 04, 2014
I love this school the teachers are wonderful. The school is smaller than most and the class size is smaller which I think is wonderful the kids get more one on one time. My niece is learning so much so glad she is in a school that has been established for a long time.

Posted May 04, 2014
I am super happy with Third Creek Elementary. The principle, teachers and staff are a team of caring professionals who truly care about a child's ability to learn and receive a good education. I am grateful that my child is in a school who puts education and family first. Thank you

Posted May 04, 2014
Third Creek Elementary is a great school. I am very impressed with their teachers and staff. I like the idea that the school is not to big and and everyone knows you and your child. What makes this school special to me is when you drop your child off in the mornings the staff opens the car door for my child to get out of the car and with a big smile they say good morning. That makes my child feel special too.

Posted December 16, 2013
This IS a great school and often underrated in the district. The entire staff is what you would expect at a GREAT SCHOOL.

Posted June 12, 2011
I have been at TCE for 6 years. It has been a great experience. The staff truly care about the kids. Unfortunately, federal report cards don't tell the entire story. Scores increase every year. We also have 21-29 targets to meet while other schools have 13. The school is 85% low SES. Yet, with all of the diversity...we build relationships and teach every child to be a leader! As a staff member and parent, I cannot argue that this is the most important thing for my own child. Education is more than a reading and math score one time each year. At TCE, this is evident!

Posted June 12, 2011
TCE is an awesome school!!!! The teachers really care about the students. The progress that has been made over the last few years has been amazing.

Posted June 12, 2011
Third Creek Elementary School is one of the most caring schools in North Carolina! The students needs are the driving force of the school. As a staff we differentiate instruction and provide intervention strategies in order to assist all students and their varying needs. Third Creek is staffed by excellent, highly qualified teachers. Our School leadership is composed of school administration, grade level chairs, staff representatives, parents and student leaders. As a school, we strive to provide challenging academic programs that meet all student needs. Third Creek Elementary School halls are filled with caring staff and students who are working together to become the best that they can be!

Posted January 03, 2008
This school and its staff is the hardest working school I have ever seen. The progress this school has made over the years is amazing. I believe the fact that the students and staff work together in all areas of growth tells a lot about the quality of this school.

Third Creek Elementary School
361 East Barkley Rd, Statesville, NC  28677
Last modified Third Creek Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.