Posted April 17, 2014
Fairview school is one of the best schools in Jackson Co. I went to it when is was first built and I had some special needs and they was really good about helping me get the help I needed, My daughter also went to another school in Jackson Co. and they treated with disrespect because she would get done with her work before the other children, and instead of giving her something else to do they held her back and made her sit in a corner. Until the other children was ready go move on. So we moved her to Fairview and she was in the 3 rd grade and when she finished her work they would give her the next assignment or she had to help out other students that needed that special help. My daughter has always been a straight A student, I have several nieces and nephews that attend Fairview and they get that special help. One of nieces lives in a different Co. and her parents would bring her to Fairview because that is where her older sibling graduated from. The teachers and staff really care for their students and takes interest in them by helping them learn.

Posted August 22, 2013
Awesome teachers. Mt son has a peanut allergy and I was very worried about him going to school eating there. His teachers have been fantastic!

Fairview Elementary 2

Posted July 15, 2013
The staff at Fairview Elementary really seem to care about the students. I see way too much yelling and shaming of the children though. I believe the school could benefit from sending all teachers and aids to "parenting" workshops to learn how to discipline and create order, while treating the children with respect. They also use awful fundraising programs and techniques that ostracize the poorer students.

Fairview Elementary 1

Posted June 23, 2013
My kids school is Fairview. I have no rating for the school. The principal ,social workers are disrespectful. My wife has been confronted to try to get a altercation started, being followed, taunted. State policy and procedures are not followed. Wanted to see my childs work/grades asked by written notice and hand delivered to principal. Never got to view his grades in any way shape form or fashion. Do the real research what schools in Sylva accells. The are bothched grades from 74 of the brightest pupils in the school. Wrong fundraising methods. Hat day you pay a dollar you can wear a hat, what about the poor kids???? Sweet treats, pay a dollar get candy bar. What about the poor kids???? I KNOW FOR A FACT ITS DISCRIMINATION!!!!!!!! People say why ruin it for everybody? BECAUSE ITS WRONG!!!!!!!!!!!! Coaches sit and chew gum, it's prohibited and a rule for the students. OK for teachers to break the rules though. Social worker DT told us kids don't need responsibility their kids????????? Just not a great school. Parents are the stake holders at this school we own the children. Love to see all the end of grade tests also. Why havent we seen the real scores???

Posted June 23, 2011
a wonderful school. The principal really cares about the school and students as if they were her own children. the teacher are really nice and good at their job.

Posted February 20, 2011
This school is the best in Jackson County. My son loves the staff and the sincere feeling of community amongst the students. Teachers in this school honestly want to see every child do well. Marty Brown

Posted December 18, 2010
hey my little girl is in 1 st grade and all last week the school was closed but my little girl has been doing great in this school she loves going to school there her teacher ms kelly is a good teacher and laya loves going to school everyday so i have question is there school monday

Fairview Elementary 0

Posted October 03, 2009
I've got two kids @ Fairview, and we like the teachers and staff there. Some great, dedicated people working at the school!

Fairview Elementary 1

Posted October 24, 2008

Fairview Elementary 4

Posted July 22, 2008

Fairview Elementary
251 Big Orange Way, Sylva, NC  28779
Last modified Fairview Elementary is a Public school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Fairview Elementary Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 17 reviews. Top