Sylva, NC

Posted May 12, 2015
Scott's Creek Elementary School is amazing. The teachers are educationally dedicated, on target with each student, highly involved on every level, concerned, caring and completely professional. We are very happy with the implementation of the academic program. Most importantly, my granddaughter feels safe at her school.

Posted October 08, 2013
Scotts Creek Ele.. Awesome school with up to date teaching and programs. Very good at keeping me up to date with my childs ability to do work that is expected of him. Am very pleased with all the School staff&Bus drivers... I couldn't think of anything I would have changed so far..Keep up the GOOD work Scotts Creek

Posted September 25, 2013
Scotts Creek is the best elementary school in Jackson County. My granddaughter has attended since kindergarten and after homeschooling for one year due to personal issues we are back

Scotts Creek Elementary 1

Posted September 24, 2013
The administration of this school is not friendly and they share personal information with others. The priciple is not involved and stays hidden most of the time leaving everything to the assistant who does an exceptional job of being a Condescending northern asse. Some of the teachers seem genuine but there could be improvement. Given the fact that many have left recently would be a direct reflection on the principle and what a sour asse she is to be under. One would wonder when the Jackson County school board will ever wake up and see what a negative effect she has on skilled staff retention.

Scotts Creek Elementary 4

Posted January 04, 2012
SCS is a school that we have been impressed with so far. Our son has attended k-2 grade and the school administration is well organized, with very pleasant staff and great teachers. Students work hard and are rewarded in positive ways. Our son loves the school. I do think they could use more field trips and if the kids could go and learn outside more, I would be even happier.

Posted May 05, 2010
This is the best elementary school in the county. The school would benefit from having a larger library (I realize cost is an issue, especially currently) and it would be very beneficial to have the class information (homework assignments, textbook lists, etc.) posted on the school website.

Posted April 28, 2010
this school runs really well as a system; I am amazed at the organization there; however, they don't do enough field trips (none this year for Kindergarten yet)

Posted November 03, 2009
The teacher work hard with the kids.

Scotts Creek Elementary 3

Posted October 16, 2008
They are not up-to-date as far as web interaction is concerned. I have searched other schools since we are contemplating moving and in South Carolina in Greenville county, all of the schools have what each grade level is doing as well as the homework assignments in case the students have to miss class. They do things in a hurry and wait until the last minute to contact the parent.

Scotts Creek Elementary 4

Posted October 01, 2008
I have two children that attend Scott's Creek school and I believe it is the best school in Jackson County. I admire Dr. Fernandez and her qualities that she brings to the school. She is very professional and appears to care for each child.

516 Parris Branch Road, Sylva, NC  28779
Last modified Scotts Creek Elementary is a Public school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Scotts Creek Elementary Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 21 reviews. Top