Posted June 22, 2014
I hear the Early College is getting a new principal, Matt Smith. Both my kids had him as a teacher over at Tarboro High and loved him. I think he was a state finalist or something for the state teacher of the year. I have heard from two of my friends who worked with Smith at SouthWest that he is student and teacher centered. Should be a great fit for EECHS. Kudos to Superintendent Farrelly for this out-of-the-box hire.

Edgecombe Early College High 4

Posted February 02, 2009

Edgecombe Early College High 0

Posted January 28, 2009
This school is a great idea and has great teachers. However, it lacks leadership. The programs are unorganized and neither teachers or students are aware of what is going on. There are serious issues at this school that need to be fixed before it reaches its potential.

Posted August 27, 2008
This is one of Gov. Easley's Learn and Earn schools. Within 5 years, a student can earn a high school diploma and 2 years of free college credit. All courses are honors and students and teachers are held to a high standard. Great school!

Posted June 07, 2007
- a former student
The Early College is the next best thing to education since PC's. I was challenged far more than I was at my former high school. I thank the staff for making me college ready.

Posted May 31, 2007

Edgecombe Early College High
2009 West Wilson Street, Tarboro, NC  27886
Last modified Edgecombe Early College High is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Edgecombe Early College High Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 6 reviews. Top