Posted August 14, 2012
There is a lack of disciplince in the school, some students are treated as if the leadership is afraid to address their bad behavior fearing the outcome will be the student being expell according to school policy.

Posted November 08, 2010
Why are the students that made it to the Tennis State Championships not recognized on the schools sign but the football and basketball teams are?

Posted September 30, 2009

Tarboro High 1

Posted March 26, 2009

Posted May 30, 2008
I love THS! Even though there could be more after school activities and clubs, Drama for an example.

Posted April 11, 2007
The principal and teachers at Tarboro High seem to care about the students on a personal level. They have started a Freshman Academy program and have also begun offering AP courses (5 AP courses for a school of 850 students!). The safety of the school has improved (Mr. Lutz has installed security cameras). I know all this because my child feels informed about what goes on at the school. All of this great stuff is going on at THS despite the fact that it is in a low-wealth school system, has low parent involvement, has more than half of its students on free-reduced lunch, and an overbearing central office that doesn't know how to help the schools succeed. And the school has been a 'high growth' school for the past ten years in a row (only three schools in NC have done this)! I am glad my child is a Viking!

Posted August 07, 2006
I'm dissappointed in the quality of education my children have received in Tarboro. There are very few good teachers in the high schools.

Posted November 15, 2004
- a former student

Posted October 11, 2004
The school is a good and very good enviroment. There not alot of fights ecept may one or two a year. I was sadden to look at here report card and see three A's and then a f. I've tried talking to the principal but I believe I will have to go to the state about this.

Tarboro High
1400 West Howard Avenue, Tarboro, NC  27886
Last modified Tarboro High is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Tarboro High Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 9 reviews.