Posted July 31, 2013
I completely agree with the parent from the February 6, 2013 post. Outsiders are not welcomed with opened arms or even a fake smile. It's not just at school either, but its even worse if they try to play a sport for the county. My child played baseball 1 season & because he had never played before he was treated differently & my husband and I were treated like we had the plague. As far as the teachers go, all my children have had wonderful teachers, have exceeded grade expectations and love school. Favoritism is shown to students with personal connections to staff members, however if you stand your ground & make yourself known they eventually get their heads out of there single minded ways and listen. The principal is wonderful, we all adore her, although she tends to seem too bogged down and busy to have time to listen to problems or complaints. All in all it's a GREAT school unfortunately its some of the people in the community that tend to ruin it for others. Its a shame that in this day in age people are still so close minded.

Bethlehem Elementary 1

Posted February 06, 2013
I'm not sure where some of these posts went to school, but Bethlehem Elementry is in my opinion- "the worst school choice in the area". We have two children both of which attended this school. To say that it was difficult is an understatement. While both of my kids managed to maintain A or AB averages, they struggled with the politics of being in a community that seems to exclude new people. This community is filled with people who have grown up together since childhood and remained here to raise their families and so on. We moved here when our children were young from just a few counties away. Immediately we learned that most people here avoid new faces. There is no "hospitality" anywhere that I can find. Teachers seem to treat some students completly different because they knew their parents in High School or played Little League together. When we have had issues with other students, they have fallen on deaf ears. The Superientendant automatically takes the word of the Principal- who takes the word of thge teacher- who takes the word of which ever student she knows personally. If you arent in their "network or click" your time at this school will probably be a disaster.

Posted December 14, 2011
this school has focused on the childs learning and health as long as can remember my children went there and now they are grown with children of their own. my grandson goes here and he loves it.

Posted July 07, 2008
Great School in a great area. Teachers are focused on the children first and the administration seems to always present themselves professionally and first class all the way. I have 2 childern aged 6 and 7 and they are thriving in this wonderful envionment. We moved to the area from the noth-east a few years ago and have been welcomed into the community with open arms. We truly feel blessed that our children go tho this school. M.Kelly, Bethlehem

Posted February 18, 2008
I love this school! My daughter attended this school K-5 and now my son is there(4th grade). Bethlehem Elementary has a great educational program for the children and the staff is excellent! We look forward to our youngest son attending in 2012. Mrs. Hefner...GREAT job!

Posted October 25, 2007
- a former student
It's a great school! The best there is! Anything you can think of about it is great

Posted July 29, 2007
My daughter has been a student as Bethlehem Elementary for the past two years. She is a rising 2nd grader. The experience has been all that I could have wanted for her and more than I expected. As with may parents I struggled with whether to send her to a private school or trust the public school system. After months of back and forth - we decided to try Bethlehem. I'm glad that we did. I believe that if we had been 'across the river' into Catawba County the outcome would have been very different. The teachers and administrative leadership is wonderful and very accessible.

Posted March 18, 2007
My 8 yr old daughter and 5 yr.old son attend beth.elm.and this year my daughter was faced with a boy taunting her and another girl in her 3rd gr.room I wrote one note and made one call,The problem was dealt with swiftly and with no 'covering up'.I was very impressed when my daughter was happy to go back to school.My son has had a great Kinder.year and has made many friends this year.All questions asked about him have been answered quickly,and help has been given freely when needed. I'm also impressed with how clean the school is.The testing is a little more advanced than when I was a child,but then again...So is the world.Bethleham elm. will help my kids be ready for it! Great job teachers. Patricia Schronce

Posted February 23, 2006
I have had 2 kids at bethlehem elementary. I cann't believe all the negative reviews.My son has had alot of health problems.He went to school there from k-5 grade and I wish the school went to 12 beacause from all the teacher help my son is starting to speak a few words, were drs told us he would never do that. Now my daughter is in 1 grade and she is doing really good.Everytime I have called the school my call has always been return the same day if I didnt get to talk to the person when I called.Bethlehem elementary school is a wonderful school for all kids. I only wished we had schools like this when I was growing up.

Posted February 21, 2006

Bethlehem Elementary
7900 North Carolina 127, Taylorsville, NC  28681
Last modified Bethlehem Elementary is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Bethlehem Elementary Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 15 reviews. Top