Taylorsville, NC

Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted August 10, 2015
The teachers are caring and that goes a long way in the effectiveness of their teaching.

Amount of homework: Just right

Posted August 10, 2015
My children spend no longer than a hour on homework each evening and my husband and I are more than happy to be apart of their education.

Develops grit: Strongly agree

Posted August 10, 2015
My children have been taught that learning is knowledge and they are determined to get the grade they desire.

Develops respect: Strongly agree

Posted August 10, 2015
My children have continued to be taught respect for their teachers and peers at BES.

Develops empathy: Strongly agree

Posted August 10, 2015
When I drop the boys off for school I always see Mrs. Peek welcoming the children. It feels like she is there with arms opened wide saying come in children.

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted August 10, 2015
We have always felt that we are important and that what we have to say matters!

Bethlehem Elementary 5

Posted August 10, 2015
My boys have excelled in their education at BES. The teachers are down to earth and really love the students. I feel good about sending my boys to school. I will soon have 3 at BES!

Bethlehem Elementary 1

Posted March 19, 2015
Really sad how the administration and PTO at the school are handled. They are so many willing parents wanting to help but they are not allowed in the clique. The school has wonderful teachers but the administration and PTO are sorely lacking!!

Bethlehem Elementary 4

Posted July 31, 2013
I completely agree with the parent from the February 6, 2013 post. Outsiders are not welcomed with opened arms or even a fake smile. It's not just at school either, but its even worse if they try to play a sport for the county. My child played baseball 1 season & because he had never played before he was treated differently & my husband and I were treated like we had the plague. As far as the teachers go, all my children have had wonderful teachers, have exceeded grade expectations and love school. Favoritism is shown to students with personal connections to staff members, however if you stand your ground & make yourself known they eventually get their heads out of there single minded ways and listen. The principal is wonderful, we all adore her, although she tends to seem too bogged down and busy to have time to listen to problems or complaints. All in all it's a GREAT school unfortunately its some of the people in the community that tend to ruin it for others. Its a shame that in this day in age people are still so close minded.

Bethlehem Elementary 1

Posted February 06, 2013
I'm not sure where some of these posts went to school, but Bethlehem Elementry is in my opinion- "the worst school choice in the area". We have two children both of which attended this school. To say that it was difficult is an understatement. While both of my kids managed to maintain A or AB averages, they struggled with the politics of being in a community that seems to exclude new people. This community is filled with people who have grown up together since childhood and remained here to raise their families and so on. We moved here when our children were young from just a few counties away. Immediately we learned that most people here avoid new faces. There is no "hospitality" anywhere that I can find. Teachers seem to treat some students completly different because they knew their parents in High School or played Little League together. When we have had issues with other students, they have fallen on deaf ears. The Superientendant automatically takes the word of the Principal- who takes the word of thge teacher- who takes the word of which ever student she knows personally. If you arent in their "network or click" your time at this school will probably be a disaster.

7900 North Carolina 127, Taylorsville, NC  28681
Last modified Bethlehem Elementary is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Bethlehem Elementary Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 23 reviews. Top