Bad
Good

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

The teachers are caring and that goes a long way in the effectiveness of their teaching.

Amount of homework: Agree

My children spend no longer than a hour on homework each evening and my husband and I are more than happy to be apart of their education.

Develops character: Strongly agree

We have always felt that we are important and that what we have to say matters!

My boys have excelled in their education at BES. The teachers are down to earth and really love the students. I feel good about sending my boys to school. I will soon have 3 at BES!

Really sad how the administration and PTO at the school are handled. They are so many willing parents wanting to help but they are not allowed in the clique. The school has wonderful teachers but the administration and PTO are sorely lacking!!

I completely agree with the parent from the February 6, 2013 post. Outsiders are not welcomed with opened arms or even a fake smile. It's not just at school either, but its even worse if they try to play a sport for the county. My child played baseball 1 season & because he had never played before he was treated differently & my husband and I were treated like we had the plague. As far as the teachers go, all my children have had wonderful teachers, have exceeded grade expectations and love school. Favoritism is shown to students with personal connections to staff members, however if you stand your ground & make yourself known they eventually get their heads out of there single minded ways and listen. The principal is wonderful, we all adore her, although she tends to seem too bogged down and busy to have time to listen to problems or complaints. All in all it's a GREAT school unfortunately its some of the people in the community that tend to ruin it for others. Its a shame that in this day in age people are still so close minded.

I'm not sure where some of these posts went to school, but Bethlehem Elementry is in my opinion- "the worst school choice in the area". We have two children both of which attended this school. To say that it was difficult is an understatement. While both of my kids managed to maintain A or AB averages, they struggled with the politics of being in a community that seems to exclude new people. This community is filled with people who have grown up together since childhood and remained here to raise their families and so on. We moved here when our children were young from just a few counties away. Immediately we learned that most people here avoid new faces. There is no "hospitality" anywhere that I can find. Teachers seem to treat some students completly different because they knew their parents in High School or played Little League together. When we have had issues with other students, they have fallen on deaf ears. The Superientendant automatically takes the word of the Principal- who takes the word of thge teacher- who takes the word of which ever student she knows personally. If you arent in their "network or click" your time at this school will probably be a disaster.

this school has focused on the childs learning and health as long as can remember my children went there and now they are grown with children of their own. my grandson goes here and he loves it.

Great School in a great area. Teachers are focused on the children first and the administration seems to always present themselves professionally and first class all the way. I have 2 childern aged 6 and 7 and they are thriving in this wonderful envionment. We moved to the area from the noth-east a few years ago and have been welcomed into the community with open arms. We truly feel blessed that our children go tho this school. M.Kelly, Bethlehem

I love this school! My daughter attended this school K-5 and now my son is there(4th grade). Bethlehem Elementary has a great educational program for the children and the staff is excellent! We look forward to our youngest son attending in 2012. Mrs. Hefner...GREAT job!

Last modified Bethlehem Elementary is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.