Taylorsville, NC

West Alexander Middle 3

Posted February 14, 2015
This is not a very good school to go to if you have had a history of not fitting in. As for me, I have many friends yet people still don't get me. I suppose that's typical of a middle school, but this one is bad. Way to much drama, drugs, sexual rumors,.. etc. Plus everyone is so busy trying to be each other that they forget how to be themselves. Everyone is exactly the same person. And that person: a pop-listening, under armour wearing, preppy backstabber who needs to get smacked. Just saying. But honestly, if you are looking for a good school as far as an education goes, and your child actually cares about learning, this is the school for you. Only 41% of the school passed the EOG (End Of Grade Test) last year but that's only because of the students, because most of them don't care about anything except the mask they'll put on every morning,

West Alexander Middle 1

Posted December 03, 2014
This school like the others in this county is a joke! The teachers and faculty at WAMS are a disappointment and don't seem to be concerned with student progress. I understand that good help is hard to find these days, but to say they are working to prepare students for the future is false! Teachers who give half hearted effort produce misguided students. This is a VERY tight community that pays very little attention to outsiders who move here. It is blatantly obvious how some students get preferential treatment just because their parents grew up here. These teachers focus their "limited" attention on students who's parents they know and like. In short, if you or someone close to you has lived here all their lives, your children may have a chance at an education. If not, and you are new to this community, don't hold your breath waiting for a decent education for you child or fair play in local sports. This isn't that type of place.

West Alexander Middle 1

Posted March 29, 2011
West Alexander has been a disappoinment to our family since my son first started attending. This is his 3rd year at the school. When his mother and I made it manditory for him to attend open houses at the beginning of the year and at report card time to show his teachers that our family care we were surprised to see that only 1 of 4 core teachers bothered to attend these events themselves. My son receives almost no homework and I don't feel that this school has done anything to prepare him for high school or college. Don't take my word, research the % of students in this county that graduate college compared to other area school systems. Another area of major concern is the lack of seperation of church and state, this seems to be a very backwards county and school system who repeatedly allow their religious believes to be forced upon the students. With less than 2 months of school before high school begins my son just brought home a flyer from the school asking for permission for him to miss 3 school days in order to attend christian crusade at the local baptist church. Do your research people, stay away from this county and stay away from West Alexander Middle School.

West Alexander Middle 2

Posted March 01, 2011
My child had a good experience here until the 8th grade. In the 8th the kids are broken into teams. There was the good team and the bad team. Unfortunately, there was really poor teacher. When the parents complained, we were told that they had never had complaints. That there was no history. At the end of the year about half of the kids failed end of grade testing. Another school employee also told me that these problems had been going on for years. I do not blame the teacher. I blame the school administration who did not protect the children.

West Alexander Middle 5

Posted September 08, 2009
Great School, I am in the 7th grade and have a blast with all of the teachers lie Mr.Dula and Mrs.morris

West Alexander Middle 5

Posted March 19, 2009
This is a great school. I feel that this is a great place for me to learn in a safe enviorment. I realy feel out of all the schools i have been to this one shows a great deal of hospatality. thanks so much

West Alexander Middle
85 Bulldog Lane, Taylorsville, NC  28681
Last modified West Alexander Middle is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
West Alexander Middle Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 8 reviews. Top