West Alexander Middle 1

Posted March 29, 2011
West Alexander has been a disappoinment to our family since my son first started attending. This is his 3rd year at the school. When his mother and I made it manditory for him to attend open houses at the beginning of the year and at report card time to show his teachers that our family care we were surprised to see that only 1 of 4 core teachers bothered to attend these events themselves. My son receives almost no homework and I don't feel that this school has done anything to prepare him for high school or college. Don't take my word, research the % of students in this county that graduate college compared to other area school systems. Another area of major concern is the lack of seperation of church and state, this seems to be a very backwards county and school system who repeatedly allow their religious believes to be forced upon the students. With less than 2 months of school before high school begins my son just brought home a flyer from the school asking for permission for him to miss 3 school days in order to attend christian crusade at the local baptist church. Do your research people, stay away from this county and stay away from West Alexander Middle School.

West Alexander Middle 2

Posted March 01, 2011
My child had a good experience here until the 8th grade. In the 8th the kids are broken into teams. There was the good team and the bad team. Unfortunately, there was really poor teacher. When the parents complained, we were told that they had never had complaints. That there was no history. At the end of the year about half of the kids failed end of grade testing. Another school employee also told me that these problems had been going on for years. I do not blame the teacher. I blame the school administration who did not protect the children.

Posted September 08, 2009
Great School, I am in the 7th grade and have a blast with all of the teachers lie Mr.Dula and Mrs.morris

Posted March 19, 2009
This is a great school. I feel that this is a great place for me to learn in a safe enviorment. I realy feel out of all the schools i have been to this one shows a great deal of hospatality. thanks so much

West Alexander Middle 1

Posted January 28, 2009

Posted December 18, 2007

West Alexander Middle
85 Bulldog Lane, Taylorsville, NC  28681
Last modified West Alexander Middle is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
West Alexander Middle Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 6 reviews.