Thomasville, NC
After care: No

Posted September 07, 2013
Since I have had my children at New Hope, they have occasionally asked parents to share their comments on Great Schools.com. In May, after EOG testing, we were asked to share what we were saying about the school. Test results were excellent and we were so pleased. Also, if you look on the reviews page, sometimes Great Schools offers money to schools if they have a certain amount of postings in a month. This is why you see multiple postings during the same time frame. We have never been asked to only post favorable comments and have certainly never been promised tuition discounts for doing so. My children have been at New Hope for 6 yrs. and I have never regretted the decision. The thing I find most refreshing is the way EOG testing is conducted. The school calls in an independent testing agency from Raleigh to come and INDIVIDUALLY test each child. The staff is not involved and is not even in the room as children are being tested. To me this speaks to the integrity of both the test results and the staff. You know that no matter how they turn out, you can trust the results. Parents are then called in for conferences to discuss results. It's great to compare each year!

New Hope Christian Academy 3

Posted June 07, 2013
Wow. Notice how there are similar 5 star ratings on the same day SEVERAL times...as if "someone" decides to post these things on May 16 and especially on February 9. What in the world happened on February 9th?!? DId the headmaster give $500 off tuition to everyone who posted a favorable review and THAT'S the reason for the pre-Valentine lovefest? Every story is "my kid was doing bad now they are doing great". If you insist on doing false rating, mix it up a little. "My kid has always been a great student, now they are doing just as well" or "This place is great but I only gave 4 stars for teacher quality because of this one teacher".

Posted May 16, 2013
Moving my son from public school to New Hope is one of the best decisions I have ever made. New Hope is passionate about the academic and personal growth of each student. Patsy and Mike foster a school environment that is not only professional but loving. My son's experience at New Hope has given him the best preparation for college and life beyond.

Posted May 16, 2013
Our experience with New Hope Christian has been very good. Our son attended New Hope for his Junior year and will be enrolled for his Senior year. We homeschooled our son for grades 1 thru 10; the transition into this school environment was very positive. The teachers at New Hope are dedicated to the success of the students and are very willing to work with the students and their parents to ensure that the students achieve their full potential.

Posted May 14, 2013
New Hope Christian Academy is the best thing I've ever done for my granddaughter. She has been there for 3 years now. She was labeled "at risk" in public school second grade. Homework was a battle. Her self confidence was very low and she had a big " I can't do it well, so why try" attitude. We began 3rd grade at New Hope and by the end of the year she tested above grade level in most every area, her confidence soared and she now loves going to school. This year at the end of 5th grade she tested above grade level with several areas 3 or more grade levels above. She has learned excellent study skills and has a real love for learning. The teachers are always looking for new ways to make the learning fun and interesting. New Hope offers so much more than academic excellence. With the smaller classroom size the children have become more like family, celebrating each others accomplishments, praying for each other and encouraging each other through difficult times. It is evident the teachers love their students and want them to succeed and to do their best. The students know this and work hard to please them. Monday - Thursday school with little homework just adds the icing!

Posted May 14, 2013
My child has grown so much in just one school year! New Hope Christian Academy has developed her love for school and learning. The Teacher's are amazing, very kind and patient, any child can succeed in this supportive environment.

Posted February 14, 2011
My son has been going to New Hope for 3 years now and I wouldn't have it any other way. He has come such a long way from when he began. The teachers are loving, caring, and truly amazing people. If it were not for them my son would be attending public school and that is just a nightmare. He gets the attention he needs and is being taught the things that public school neglects. For example: sounding out words to learn how to read and not memorizing site words. Because of this my son reads well above grade level and his math scores are off the charts. The teachers at New Hope play one of the most essential roles - helping children achieve their goals. And to the teachers at New Hope, Thank you for enriching the many lives you touch. Your commitment to our school means so much!!!

Posted February 09, 2011
I am impressed with the caring and nurturing relationship that the teacher has with my grandchildren, and their classmates. I have also noticed, and love the fact, that the children truly care about each other. They seem to want everyone to succeed, and they encourage each other. The students work hard, but are rewarded by their sense of accomplishment. The classes are small, so they get more attention than they would in public school. Besides the academics, this school helps in character building, love of God and love of country.

Posted February 09, 2011
My granddaughter has attended New Hope for several years now and we couldn't be happier. When she was taken out of public school, she was terribly behind in reading and math. The teachers at New Hope have worked diligently with her and her last EOG scores showed that she is now above grade level in everything. The teachers not only taught her, but also worked on her self-esteem that had been torn down in public school. I would highly recommend New Hope to anyone who is looking for a great alternative for their child

Posted February 09, 2011
I truly feel like this school was a 'God send' for my family. My children have attended for almost two years and have learned so much! They continue to test above grade level and are learning valuable skills so that they can be proactive with their education. The most important thing that they are taught is the importance of treating others the way they would want to be treated. They love it there and tell me that there's nowhere else they would rather be!

New Hope Christian Academy
105 Pineywood St, Thomasville, NC  27360
Last modified New Hope Christian Academy is a Private school that serves grades K-12
New Hope Christian Academy Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 20 reviews. Top