Brittain Academy

Private | PK-12 | 235 students

Our school is best known for our Home-Schooling & High School Diploma Program's

Living in Thomasville

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $99,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $580.

Sweep tile

Posted September 9, 2013

Its a great school got my diploma from brittain in August, they clearly tell you that gtcc doesnt take the diploma from them but ftcc does I start in the spring and the ladies are WONDER FUL

Posted January 16, 2013

I would like to know where you all so called graduaed from college with this fake diploma. I can't get ino any college with it. Not even GTCC which is the communiy college or any online school. It's a scam, they just want your money.

Posted August 28, 2012

Hi, it's me again. Proving that just posting the same stuff with a 1 star rating is possible. They should be ashamed to call themselves an academy, school, or anything else that pretends to stress academic growth.

Posted May 31, 2012

This school is a fantastic way to get ahead in life with a very supportive staff they all really want you to succeed this was one of my best academic decisions

Posted May 31, 2012

this school is a very smart decision for any parent to send their child. the people who work there are very supportive and help you throughout the whole educational experience. if i had to do it all over again i would still most definitely send my child there

Posted May 19, 2012

The adult high school diploma program works. I got my diploma and went to college. I have a degree now and for that I am grateful. 5 stars!

Posted May 19, 2012

I live this school. I graduated and went on to get my BD last year. Thanks to Brittain Academy, I have a good job & college education. Thanks.

Posted May 19, 2012

This is the best school for people with jobs they need better pay in. My diploma got me a better job and more pay at the same place

Posted May 19, 2012

This school is awesome! The new teachers are cool and the program trips are the best!

Posted May 19, 2012

I'm glad I found the time for the test program and schooling. I've got a better jab statues & a college education from Greensboro. My degree looks good in my office! Thanks Brittain!

Posted May 19, 2012

I was asked to review this school after going through the programs and I must say, its good. it took a few calls from the academy's office, but I got into college and I know it was worth everything. Some of the people are verry understanding of all it takes for getting back into school and I'm glad I did.

Posted May 19, 2012

Not a bad place to go too in you need people too care about what you need too get done. The schooling was way new to me and the texting was much better then any place ever. I'm stoaked I got through and could move on. Always room for improvment tho JUSTEN...

Posted February 27, 2012

This school is the most fun place to graduate from. I have been to many schools and this one I learned at my pace and passed while having a good time.

Posted February 19, 2012

Brittain Academy is an amazing experience, to put it simply. I was a student there from a young child, and those years are among the best of my entire life, The students are all very well mannered and friendly, and the staff are tremendously nice, it's an overall great place to do your learning and growing up.
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted February 15, 2011

I have a young sibling and we tried this "school" bc of the convience to our home. She was an upcoming sophomore in high school with great academic grade.Starting Brittain Academy she was provided w her 1st 2 weeks of work bc she was going to be at home doing work This work was not grade appropriate. This work was not even graded, they just give them whatever just so that they can feel a folder with worksheets so a child can get a piece of paper that says I went to school ,no acceptable college or employer will accept these diplomas: per knowledge of prior graduates from this school that now must attend a local community college to redo school all over again in order to go to work let alone futher education or a career. With this she was pulled from this school with only about a week of attending and was placed in another very wonderful private school 10 miles away to where she graduated with honors. As a guardian and caregiver I would not recommend this school. Please look for other private schools in the area before deciding to send our future to this school.

Posted August 23, 2010

I would NEVER send my child to this school (If that is what you want to call it). I have seen the product of this school. MANY STATE and FEDERALY functioned places, will NOT take their diplomas. Up to and including the Military, so what does that say?????. I am truly sorry for these students, that were not cut out for public school..I have been there and done that, but there are always more options such as Com. Collages they do give diplomas, not just GED's. Just remember before choosing any school, talk to the LORD and let him lead your way. God Bless You and Your Children!!

Posted October 21, 2008

I have done Graduated from this School and I loved it! I would Recom. this School for all Kids.

Posted March 10, 2008

I went there and graduated. The teachers are understanding and I really enjoyed it.
—Submitted by a student

Posted December 19, 2007

There is no authority over the children, they are able to run wild and do whatever they want. The owner nevrer has her stuff together and hardly ever grades the work instead just writes the grades on the report cards. There are not enough staff members to teach the kids properly. Most of the teachers are not certified.

Posted December 3, 2006

I have a 15yr old who attends the school and she loves it!!!!We are very happy with the staff, the atmosphere and the circulum.I would recommend this school very highly to anyone who is looking for a change and a good education. You will not find all of the drama like regular schools-what you will find is a loving, quiet, friendly environment where your child can learn and grow.

Two or more races 5% N/A

Special education / special needs

Level of special education programming offered
Specialized programs for specific types of special education students
  • Emotional behavioral disabilities

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

• 9:00 am
School end time
  • 4:00 pm
  • Linde Brittain
Best ways for parents to contact the school
  • Online contact form on our contact page
  • Phone
  • Coed
Boarding options
  • Some boarding, some day
Is there an application process?
Affiliation

• Summer college prep programs
  • Visiting teachers or lecturers from colleges
Transportation options
  • Buses/vans for students only
  • School shares bus/van with other schools
  • Transportation provided for special education students only
  • Access to sports fields

• Sculpture
Performing arts
  • Creative writing

Student clubs

Clubs (distinct from courses)
  • Recycling club

School culture

Dress Code
  • Neither uniforms nor dress code

This school accepts applications on a

rolling basis

Apply now

What does it cost?

Tuition range for the 2011-2012 school year
$1000 - $10000

Planning ahead

College preparation / awareness offered
College prep programs/courses during the year
College presentations or information sessions
Summer college prep programs
School-sponsored trips to college campuses
Visiting teachers or lecturers from colleges

17 East Main St.