Posted August 22, 2011
Each grade level offers teachers that are fabulous and go above and beyond. The problem is that those classrooms are typically filled up with the teachers' children and other lucky people who are able to request them. Each grade level also has teachers who need to retire or are very outdated in their teaching methods. The school needs a major overhaul physically and the maintanence staff could do a much better job at keeping the school clean. The cafeteria floor was sticky all year long. The PTO is a joke. You sign up at the beginning of the year and no one calls you. If you get the good teachers and find a way to get involved, this is a great school. If you get the other teachers who don't communicate and hand out worksheets everyday, you may have to work with your child at home to supplement.

Fair Grove Elementary 4

Posted September 11, 2009

Posted August 14, 2009
Fair Grove is an okay school. I don't think they strive to be the best they can be. Take one look at the parking lot and outside and you can see the school lacks pride. Weeds grow up around the sign and one or more the letters of the school name are often hanging loose or missing. These things don't take $ to fix. It just doesn't have an inspiring or innovative feel to the environment. The current administration is very supportive of the teaching staff- which I like and think is important. However, the not -so -nice mass letters with grammatical and spelling errors that get sent home are disappointing. Communication is sub-par and the school should capitalize on email where it can. I think Fair Grove is ripe for change and new beginnings. The 2009-2010 school year should be interesting.

Posted July 30, 2009

Posted June 16, 2009
Fair Grove as a whole rates a solid 3 for us! We love the teachers and I feel my daugter has met life-long friends! I'm a bit concerned with the current leadership~ but as long as these issues do not affect the education of our children- then there's nothing to complain about...

Posted March 02, 2009

Posted February 16, 2009
I went to school here and I am so thrilled to have my daughter at Fair Grove too. She loves her teachers and can't wait to tell us about her day when we pick her up.

Posted February 07, 2009
A place for fun, learning, and high standards. The best principal and teachers in Davidson County.

Posted March 24, 2008

Posted December 17, 2007

Fair Grove Elementary
217 Cedar Lodge Road, Thomasville, NC  27360
Last modified Fair Grove Elementary is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Fair Grove Elementary Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 11 reviews.