Thomasville, NC

Ledford Middle 5

Posted March 19, 2011
This school rated 9 out of 10 stars and that says a lot!!! I heard great things about this school! Great schools.org is a wonderful website.

Posted December 14, 2010
As people moving to the area, my husband and I visited this school unannounced to see what a typical school day would be like. Our surprise visit was welcomed by the office staff and one of the guidance counselors took time to give us a tour of the school and answered all of our questions openly and directly. We really appreciated all of the candid answers and were very impressed. This looks like a Great School for our children!

Ledford Middle

Posted October 05, 2009
They have a very caring teaching staff and they look out for your child.

Ledford Middle 2

Posted February 13, 2007
There is very little communication among the teachers and the parents.The children who are car riders have no one to supervise them, the teachers out there don't do anything about the kids behavior. I am surprised no one has been hurt, I have had several to run out in front of my car as I take start to drive off, when I called the office they said that the principal was out there daily, I have yet to see him. Teachers promise something but do not follow it through.

Posted December 17, 2006
Great Music program. Not a lot of communication between teachers and parents, at least compared to elementary school.

Ledford Middle 2

Posted November 13, 2006
I am very disappointed with the way this school handles parent/teacher communication. We have asked for advice from one seventh grade teacher about our son's failing grade. So far this school year, we have yet to see a science book brought home. Our son tells us that they do their work in class. This is just one example of the 'neglect' we've encountered this year. I have wrote notes to the teacher to give me a call so we can set up time to talk now the first report cards have came out and my son has two d one f and one b and one a in pe and I have not heard from a teacher or the school leaders

Ledford Middle 3

Posted September 12, 2006
I have always heard what a wonderful school LMS is. Wow, am I disappointed. The administration is lacking at best. The one thing that does make this a wonderful school are the teachers and parents, they almost make up for the lacking administration.

Posted May 09, 2006
I have found that most of the teachers in the sixth grade are very nurturing and try to establish good routines and practices my child needed as he moved from grade to grade. I noticed that the seventh and eighth grade teachers were not all equal in their capability nor desire to educate. The art, music, and career exploration classes at this school are great with very enthusiastic teachers. Overall, the majority of the teachers at LMS are dedicated, hard-working, and highly qualified. The administration, on the other hand, is weak to say the least. Poor communication skills, bad attitudes, and lack of interest are just a few of the principal and asst. principal's faults. It makes me admire the teachers and staff even more that they are able to shine as bright as they do inspite of such ineffective leadership. Several National Board Certified and award-winnning teachers on staff!

Ledford Middle 5

Posted February 13, 2006
My child loves this school! I never hear of any problems that other schools have such as drugs, fighting, ext. My child wouldn't want to go to any other school. The academic programs are great and everyone keeps up well in their team. (I was a sub. once) They have extracurricular activities and everyone participates in them one way or another. Parent involvement is high in the PTO, and almost every child's parent has signed up.

Ledford Middle 1

Posted January 26, 2006
This school is run by very poor administation. The principal and assistant principal have very bad communicational skills. You can not have an intellegent conversation with either of them. You can not feel comfortable going to Dr. Fred Mock either because he is best 'buds' with the principal. What is a parent to do? I would strongly recomend sending your child to a different school.

Ledford Middle
3954 North Carolina 109, Thomasville, NC  27360
Last modified Ledford Middle is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Ledford Middle Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 20 reviews. Top