Bad
Good

It is always clean and always learnable to everyone.Also when someone makes a mess the coudions clean it up immediately.

Helena is the greatest school. They have turned my daughter into a socialable straight A student. She loves school and cries if she is sick and can't go. They work with every student to make sure they are doing their best. We will not move just so she can continue to attend Helena.

Helena's teachers are AMAZING, they are just incredibly wonderful and go out of their way to help your children receive the best education possible. You NEVER have to worry about the quality of care your kids will receive at this school. The school is clean, the inside layout is wonderful, and most of the admin is extremely friendly and helpful - Although I have mixed emotions about the new principal this year. The low rating is because the parking lot and loop to pick up the students is VERY poorly designed and has needed to be reconstructed since, well, its construction. The traffic line that you must wait in is so long that you should arrive more than an hour before release if you want to pick up your child in a timely manner. This year, they are ridiculously strict about parking in the parking lots and walking up to the school to meet your child as they come out. Also, you are not allowed to check out your children between 2:30 & 3:00 (3:00 is the release time). Whaaat!? The exit to the school is blocked off prior to release, so you are pretty much trapped in the parking lot and school driveway if you enter before release. Much more to say, too little space. -A Frustrated Mom

This school is wonderfull I'm hispanic and for my point of view is the BEST school I been throught with my childrens,teacher are very profesional and my daugther love goint to the school ,I think that is a good sign.

The School is great dont get me wrong but the fact that the AC is always going out is a problem that should be addressed. I feel it is hid from the parents also. its been a while and the ac is still not working in my childs class.....they dont even have a fan in there to help. I know my child has been extremely hot and ill coming home and they can not pay attention and be expected to act right if they cannot take care of these issues. I do like the school and the faculty is nice and helpful but I do think some teachers do not do enough with teaching children to write and discourage them from writing their whole name first and last. which is what i taught my son to do. He has now about forgot how to spell it due to this.

i love working at helena everyone is like a family we all get along like one big family all parents want there kids to go here they even enroll fron out of district we are the largest elementary school in person co

The teachers are so great and very understanding of the foster children who come into my home. The principal runs a tight ship but the children always know what is expected of them.

Last modified Helena Elementary is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.