Troutman Elementary School

Public | PK-5 | 724 students

Sweep tile

Posted January 21, 2014

This school has gone downhill the past few years. It is not because of the teachers though. The teachers at this school are absolutely amazing! They work hard and produce results. Not the same can be said about the leadership team though. They make the school an unhappy place for their teachers, in turn, many of the teachers have lost their passion for teaching (which is so sad) or even left the school mid year! That is sad too and it breaks my heart! Morale is low because of that reason, but the teachers still persevere. If the leadership was like the teachers, that place would be AMAZING!

Posted September 26, 2013

The more time I spend at Troutman Elementary School, the more impressed I am with the Admistration, Staff, and kids! I have spent time in several different schools accosts the country and I have to say that this group ranks at the top! The staff, from the Principal to cafeteria , and all the teachers in between give their all for the kids and families. It is so wonderful to see teachers who care so much about what they do! You never hear complaints from this group. They are willing to do whatever is needed to ensure each child is a success,

Posted August 28, 2013

The teachers are great, I feel my children are in a safe environment, my kids wake up excited about school every day.

Posted August 21, 2013

Troutman Elementary has a hard working teachers and staff. The school is very diverse and it has pulled through and always shown growth. I would not send my kids to any other school because I believe in this one. It would be great if more parents would get involved with helping out in the school or with the PTO there is always things to do.

Posted August 9, 2013

Troutman elementary offers a safe secure positive learning environment with an amazing staff! The students are so amazing and love to learn!

Posted August 9, 2013

My school is an awesome school because it is able to serve so many students in a small community! The teachers are very dedicated to seeing all students be successful. Last year our school scored the highest growth in our district and continues to find ways to improve our learning environment so that every student can learn. Our school could be improved with more parent involvement and community volunteers in order to reach more students on a more personal level and to give some students another positive role model in their life. Overall I think this is the best school and very deserving of this award because of the hard work, dedication and positive attitudes of the faculty, staff and community. It would certainly be used to better the learning environment for the students since that is our school focus.

Posted August 25, 2012

Entering our 6th year at TES, We can not say enough good things about our school, we've had some changes, changes are good especially for the kids. Our Principal and Assistant Principal are wonderful role models, they are parents as well and they understand both sides of the Parent Teacher communication. TES had the highest growth out of all the 17 elementary schools in the district with 6.7 points growth! Thank you to all our teachers that stay after school, always have time to answer questions, are there for OUR KIDS..

Posted May 28, 2012

My oldest child is about to graduate the 5th grade at TES and my other 2 sons are in 2nd and Kindergarten. I love the dedicated teachers at TES they go above and beyond to make sure the children get a great education. The teachers make learning fun and do a very good job at presenting the infomation in ways that will reach the many diffrent learning styles in the classroom.

Posted May 28, 2012

My daughter is just finishing her K year. It has been absolutely wonderful. We could not have asked for a better experience. She is above grade level and the teacher made sure she stayed challenged with customized activities and learning for her 'group'. The principal does care about making the school a better place. She is not only admin for TES but she is a parent of children who attend there. As a local realtor I have moved many families in this area - I have not yet moved one into the school district who has regretted it. On paper the test scores may not be perfect but TES is a school consisting of all socioeconomic levels. Parent involvement is a mixed bag also. You will see parenting levels from full time to absent, including foster and homeless kids. It only takes a few kids with absent parents to bring down average scores. So TES is way more than what you can read on paper. As a parent I am very pleased with the school. As a realtor I am proud to have satisfied clients in the district. And as an MBA grad I understand that change takes time, red tape causes delay and no decision is going to please everyone.

Posted January 29, 2012

I am so thankful for the teachers at Troutman Elementary. They are the most dedicated, hard wroking, loving, caring, and kind teachers in the area. Both of my children enjoy attending school there. Troutman Elementary offers real-world diversity in a safe and nurturing environment. My children love the science lab!

Posted September 13, 2011

The school has gone down hill in the last two years, driven by poor leadership and Board of Education's refusal to help improve the school as a whole. The focus of the school under the current principal has shifted from caring about the children to caring about EOG scores exclusively. That said, the advanced students are given "busy work" while the teacher focuses on trying to get the bottom half of the class up to a passing level. Basically, making a room of average kids. If you would like your child to be challenged and offered an opportunity to go beyond the base course of study, this is not the school for you. We have given this school 4 years waiting on the promise of "good things to come" and will wait no more. We will be sending our child elsewhere next year. I would highly advise that you consider doing the same.

Posted August 28, 2010

We are getting ready for our 4th year at this great school! while most schools in the area focus on EOG's test scores etc we do not take to much stock into these scores and focus on the wonderful, caring quality teachers TES has! TES has a very diverse economic and social student body, we have a great ESL staff to help those kids who struggle with English as their 1st language. When my kids come home at the end of the day happy is a sign of a great school.

Posted August 7, 2010

My children have been attending TES for several years, and we are very pleased with the school. The teachers and staff are amazing, and they accomplish SO much with the students, even though they have constant testing to complete. My children have had excellent teachers that have broadened their knowledge and skills incredibly. There are some students that do not speak English as a first language and I do not think they are able to get the support they need at home to meet their grade level needs. I think this has a negative impact on the overall testing scores. It does amaze me that the teachers are able to work together to execute enrichment learning tailored to the individual student's level. I regularly volunteer in the classrooms, too. I think the state test scores unfairly represent one of the finest schools in our county.

Posted August 4, 2010

This will be my sons 4th year at Troutman and I have to say, I hope it will be as pleasant as the past 3 years have been. The AIG program is great and challenging. The teachers are great too and so is the staff. It is a shame that the test scores are bringing the score/ratings down! I do not believe in teaching to a test and hopefully this program for ALL schools will be going away soon because it is NOT working. Put me in front of the same test and I bet I would fail too! I do not test well either and consider myself to be an educated human being. This is a great school and I do support it. The teachers are hard working and I enjoy visiting the school and giving my time to the classrooms.

Posted June 5, 2009

Troutman Elementary is a well-rounded school with dedicated and experienced teachers and an on-the-ball new principal who really cares about the kids. My two children are A honor role students and their teachers have always been supportive and challenging. We feel very at home here!

Posted September 11, 2008

My two children attended this schools in the 2006-2007 school year. They attended a nearby school prior to Troutman and I was disappointed in many ways with our overall experience. There seems to be more tolerance of bad behavior in this school, and the bar is not set very high for the students. We relocated in order to attend Lakeshore Elementary, a nearby school.

Posted December 7, 2007

Troutman Elementary School is one of the most caring schools I have ever taught at since starting my teaching career. The students are always put first in my opinion. Differentiation is a big part of our school plans. We have a very varied student population. I would invite anyone to come a visit and feel the warm, caring atmosphere.

Posted April 13, 2007

My son casey love it at Troutman and I love the K teacher he has.

Math

The state average for Math was 47% in 2013.

94 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 45% in 2013.

94 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Scale: % at or above proficient

In 2012-2013 North Carolina used End-of-Grade (EOG) tests to assess students in grades 3 through 8 in reading and math, and grades 5 and 8 in science. The EOG is a standards-based test, which means it measures how well students are mastering specific skills defined for each grade by the state of North Carolina. Students must pass the grade 8 EOG test in order to graduate from high school. The goal is for all students to score at or above the proficient level on the tests.

Math

The state average for Math was 48% in 2013.

142 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 44% in 2013.

142 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 48% in 2013.

123 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 40% in 2013.

123 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Science

The state average for Science was 45% in 2013.

124 students were tested at this school in 2013.

All Students30%

Limited English proficiency5%
Proficient in English39%
Non-migrant32%
Scale: % at or above proficient

The different student groups are identified by the North Carolina Department of Public Instruction. If there are fewer than 10 students in a particular group in a school, data for that group is not reported.

All Students48%

• SACS
Fax number
  • (704) 528-0988

Extra learning resources offered
  • Title I Schoolwide program (SWP)

Apply now