Posted January 25, 2013
I have 3 children in this school. One of them is a special needs child. I have really like all of the teachers that my children have had. Ms. Singleton is an absolute wonderful asset to the school. All of their teachers have cared and shared concerns they have. If we see one of their teachers out around town, they speak to the children and to me about what is going on. That means a lot to me.

Vanceboro-Farm Life Elementary 1

Posted October 29, 2011
My son is in the 5th grade at VFL. elementary. We came to this school 3-4 years ago. He has gone from a vibrant, happy, confident little boy and is now depressed, and lacks the self confidence he once had, He has begun to doubt his own abilities since attending this school. His best year was 3rd grade with Ms. Singleton. The teacher he had for 2nd grade and now has for 5th grade, fails to return emails and messages unless you talk to the principle.. The 1st grade teacher he had "Ms.A" never returned any message or notes I sent to her. I thank GOD that we are not able and blessed to be moving to a much better school. If I had a choice i would not have allowed to attend this school. I will be continuing as I have been doing all along that he is smart and can do anything he sets his mind to. I do not believe that most of the teachers here at this school have the best interest of Each child at heart. Here i believe that there are children left behind.. but still passed to the next grade.

Posted October 13, 2011
VFL is a great school with dedicated Administrators and Teachers. They deserve a pat on the back and don't here thank you as much as they should. I thank you for what you have done for my children and my neices. Good Job to Mrs. Thomas and Mrs. Kraft for helping my so adjust and get along with other when no one else could.

Posted July 24, 2010
I had two students who went through this school. It is very obvious that everyone at this school cares about the children. The test results reflect the care, because this school does as well as some of the more "advantaged" schools in the area.

Posted November 23, 2007
I think VFLE is an excellent school with a wonderful faculty. They always strive to meet the needs of all the children and their test score indicate their effort!

Posted April 02, 2006
In my opinion VFLES is a great school. I currently have two children who attend the school and overall have been completely satisfied. The Art, PE, and Music teachers are simply angels that the children love and give the students a passion for what they teach. The school nurse is caring and professional, as well as the lunch room staff. The library is a tranquil place of learning but fun! The teachers want the best for each student to succeed with a genuine compassion. The PTO is very involved to raise money for projects that further benefit the children in work and play. Vanceboro Farm Life School is an awesome school!

Posted October 04, 2005
As a parent of a fifth and third grader who have spent all of their school years at Farm Life, I am very happy with the education my children have received. The teachers seem to enjoy their jobs and interact with the kids to a degree not found in most schools. The coach, art & music teachers, volunteers, a friendly staff, and an awesome PTO contribute to the success of this great little school. Fortunately, my kids don't have special needs, but the availibility of those services is a blessing to many in our community. Classrooms are neat, attractive and organized nicely, creating a good daily environment. Our family has always supported the school and been perfectly satisfied. I think the scores and statistics reflect the commitment of the staff. Candy C. Rozo

Posted August 15, 2005
- a former student
I am a previous student of Farm Life. Even though I only spent my 5th Grade Year here I belive the parent-student-teacher Relationship was excelent, the guidance at the school is the most exceptional I have ever seen. The ExtraCurricular there was some of the best ever. I felt that the teachers were great and that they used their time to the fullest. I really enjoied the school and felt that it is one of the best elementary schools in the eastern Carolina area.

Vanceboro-Farm Life Elementary 1

Posted August 05, 2005
VFLES is one of the worst schools I have ever had to deal with. The Administration is terrible and they do not care about the children. I have had the experience of a good teacher there that really cared about the children and have had the experience of a really bad teacher that was gone most of the time and the teaching quality was low. I have had the experience of them refusing to allow my child to have anything to drink all day (even during lunch) when brought to the attention of the Principle needless to say nothing was done other than my child moved to a different classroom which was worse. I believe all school have good teachers and bad teachers but when you do not have an administration that cares, your childs protection and education is put at stake. Needless to say I homeschool now.

Vanceboro-Farm Life Elementary 4

Posted April 12, 2004
I am very pleased with the overall education my children receive at VFLES. The teachers continuously go above and beyond the call of duty to promote the education of well-rounded children. Many of the teachers are involved in community functions and organizations. The only aspect of VFLES that I have a complaint about is the administration. The principal, in my experience, is often not approachable nor does she actually seem to care to be bothered with any parent concerns. She handles most of these by referring them to her V.Principal. This would be acceptable if the V.P. was able to handle all of the issues thrown her way. I am not a fan of the administration at all and would love to see a change made.

Vanceboro-Farm Life Elementary
2000 Farm Life Avenue, Vanceboro, NC  28586
Last modified Vanceboro-Farm Life Elementary is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Vanceboro-Farm Life Elementary Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 10 reviews.