Posted September 02, 2014
I have a Kindergarten & 4th grader. We just started this year & the teachers & staff are very carrying. They focus on the children which is very important to me.

Posted June 21, 2014
I have a 1st and 5th grader at STARS. My kids have only been at STARS for 1 year and we love it. It is a great school. My kids grades in math, reading and science have excelled and they both love the theater, dance, music and ballet. The school puts on musical's and play's several times a year for each grade level which has really helps a kids social development. The principal, teachers and staff are very friendly and professional. I like that they have buses that will pick up the kids that live in Aberdeen, Pinehurst, Southern Pines. It is a great alternative for military family's that live in Hoke County also who do not want to sent their kids to Hoke County Schools. I have heard that the school is about to expand and build a new High School which would make it a K-12 school. Overall, we love STARS and look forward to many more years there.

Posted June 21, 2014

Posted March 10, 2014
I moved my child from the Academy of Moore County to this school and all I can say is that I should have come here first. The principal at Stars is a licensed and educated principal. Unlike the Academy whose principal has neither a degree or license in Principal Leadership. The principal treats parents and children with respect. I heard a lot of screaming from the principal at the other school and I was not going to tolerate it again. The teachers and staff really care about the education and growth of the children. The school excels in math and science instruction and the children are always engaged. There is a big population of military children at this school and the school really tries to go the extra mile for them. There is also a very strong military support group at this school. If you want a well round, challenging and nurturing education for your child, then this is the place for you!

Posted March 07, 2014
STARS is an excellent school of choice for those looking for a refreshing new option in education. The school has made numerous improvements in the past 3-4 years with a new administration and many new faculty. STARS is a very happy school because the students and faculty love being there. My children have been learning at STARS for 2 years now and would not want to be anywhere else. They are learning more at STARS than at their previous schools and enjoy the way the school uses the arts to teach them about anything from Math and Science to English and History. My kids have developed not only academic skills but also strong character through self expression because of the environment here. I cannot say enough nice things about STARS and the direction the leadership at the school is headed.

Sandhills Theatre Arts Renaissance School 2

Posted June 22, 2010
The school has a decent philosophy, but in all honesty it's not much different than any other poorly managed charter school. They have a nice building and nice landscaping, but they don't have enough science and math books for some grades.

Sandhills Theatre Arts Renaissance School 0

Posted March 12, 2010
4. My daughter has been a student for three years. She excels in all of her classes and does very well on testing. Thanks tro tremendous preparation.

Posted February 11, 2010
This is my daughter's second year at STARS. It has been a wonderful experience so far. They welcome parent involvement and focus on the whole child. My daughter's confidence is strong; they have fostered her education, talents, and individuality. I can not wait until my other two children join her at STARS so that I can watch them grow in this unique learning environment.

Posted August 31, 2009
con't.....The hallways are filled with impressive artwork and stories. In each room entered I found children actively engaged either directly with the teacher or with their fellow students..oh did I say...smiling, happy children..! And yes...smiling happy teachers apparently enjoying their vocations. I left with a smile and deep gratitude for the entire staff into whose hands my most precious grandchildren have been entrusted. Ad multos anos stars !!

Posted August 29, 2009
My granddaughter attends STARS and has for almost two years. She is in 6th grade. Prior to enrolling she was home schooled following less than positive experiences at public schools. Her home life went thru an extremely traumatic period leaving some additional challenges to those of just growing up. We found STARS shortly after moving to the area from out of state. We were looking for a setting that fostered her creativity and supported her self-expression while building a strong scholastic foundation. It also had to be a place that was sensitive, innovative and creative in the way it reached its students. We found that standard, public, main-stream educational settings weren t enough as her levels of sensitivity, artistic expression and outside- of-the-box perspective needed a venue in which she could grow and flourish rather than be bored and stifled. During her time at STARS her test scores have gone up markedly, her desire to attend classes and learn is high and consistent, and her overall level of self-confidence is healthier that it s ever been. This school has a growing and active Parent Teacher Organization, encouraged by administration and welcomed by the teachers. We have the opportunity, thru service to the school, to be an active part of our granddaughter s education experience. We get to be a part of the solution thru participation rather than a part of the problem thru inactivity and distance. We have come to know, respect and appreciate STARS administration, teachers and support staff as we see much of the day to day interaction with the students. Appropriate members of the faculty take great effort to reach each child, regardless of the child s skill level, to help them achieve their potential. For those students with special struggles, administration has established after-school help. My family s hope is that the school continues to grow so our granddaughter can continue to have the measureable benefits of attendance regardless of her grade. It is a place of that offers participation and growth by all: students, teachers, and families. Steven George

Sandhills Theatre Arts Renaissance School
140 Southern Dunes Drive, Vass, NC  28394
Last modified Sandhills Theatre Arts Renaissance School is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Sandhills Theatre Arts Renaissance School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 23 reviews.