Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)

This a review from a parent of a child who graduated in 2011... so I can't speak for it now, but I know it had an awesome administration and staff then, so I can only guess it's continued in the same path. Loved my child's principal and teachers. The focus on the arts was second to none. I hope it's as good as it used to be. Regular public schools have a lot to be desired.

I'm a graduate of STARS Charter. When I first arrived at STARS I was very nervous because I had heard it had a bad reputation. Well, let me tell you! This is the perfect school for kids who love the Arts. I absolutely loved going there, and wish I still could. All in all, it's the best school I've ever been to. Which is saying a lot!

STARS believes all students learn in different ways, and as such, all students should be presented with as many different avenues for learning as possible. The school adheres to the North Carolina Standard Course of Study, but infuses this curriculum with arts integration in the classroom. STARS is a member of the A+ Network. The A+ philosophy is rooted in Howard Gardner's Theory of Multiple Intelligences - a theory with much support in the scientific and educational communities, developed through research into styles of learning and brain function that proves there are many different ways of learning, and many different ways of demonstrating what one has learned. The STARS staff trains with A+ Fellows throughout the year.

I have a Kindergarten & 4th grader. We just started this year & the teachers & staff are very carrying. They focus on the children which is very important to me.

I have a 1st and 5th grader at STARS. My kids have only been at STARS for 1 year and we love it. It is a great school. My kids grades in math, reading and science have excelled and they both love the theater, dance, music and ballet. The school puts on musical's and play's several times a year for each grade level which has really helps a kids social development. The principal, teachers and staff are very friendly and professional. I like that they have buses that will pick up the kids that live in Aberdeen, Pinehurst, Southern Pines. It is a great alternative for military family's that live in Hoke County also who do not want to sent their kids to Hoke County Schools. I have heard that the school is about to expand and build a new High School which would make it a K-12 school. Overall, we love STARS and look forward to many more years there.

I moved my child from the Academy of Moore County to this school and all I can say is that I should have come here first. The principal at Stars is a licensed and educated principal. Unlike the Academy whose principal has neither a degree or license in Principal Leadership. The principal treats parents and children with respect. I heard a lot of screaming from the principal at the other school and I was not going to tolerate it again. The teachers and staff really care about the education and growth of the children. The school excels in math and science instruction and the children are always engaged. There is a big population of military children at this school and the school really tries to go the extra mile for them. There is also a very strong military support group at this school. If you want a well round, challenging and nurturing education for your child, then this is the place for you!

STARS is an excellent school of choice for those looking for a refreshing new option in education. The school has made numerous improvements in the past 3-4 years with a new administration and many new faculty. STARS is a very happy school because the students and faculty love being there. My children have been learning at STARS for 2 years now and would not want to be anywhere else. They are learning more at STARS than at their previous schools and enjoy the way the school uses the arts to teach them about anything from Math and Science to English and History. My kids have developed not only academic skills but also strong character through self expression because of the environment here. I cannot say enough nice things about STARS and the direction the leadership at the school is headed.

The school has a decent philosophy, but in all honesty it's not much different than any other poorly managed charter school. They have a nice building and nice landscaping, but they don't have enough science and math books for some grades.

4. My daughter has been a student for three years. She excels in all of her classes and does very well on testing. Thanks tro tremendous preparation.

Last modified Sandhills Theatre Arts Renaissance School is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.