1,594 students|Franklin Academy

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Just right (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Staff member (1 response)

Grateful to: Staff member

Posted December 09, 2015
We love Mrs. Phillips because she brought my happy kid back! I can never thank her enough for that!

Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted December 09, 2015
I've only had experience with one main teacher there, but she is very caring. His math teacher did have him pulled out for remediation even though he has an A when he started not finishing something very fast. I think they are very proactive!

Amount of homework: Just right

Posted December 09, 2015
Some days we might have a little too much, but it is usually the days when my son doesn't finish class work. He has trouble focusing, so I think if it were anymore it would be too much.

Develops grit: Strongly agree

Posted December 09, 2015
Yes, in second grade my son has to write stories and study for big unit tests in science and social studies. He also has to read and do math daily.

Develops respect: Strongly agree

Posted December 09, 2015
They work on a daily point system where they have to show teachers respect to get a 100.

Develops empathy: Strongly agree

Posted December 09, 2015
My son fell one day, and he had another student help him up and get the dirt off.

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted December 09, 2015
One of my son's teachers told me one day to let me let him make mistakes, so he can learn from them to feel disappointment. She said he will strive to do better!

Franklin Academy 5

Posted December 09, 2015
We moved here lst year, and we had our son in a 10/10 rated school. I wasn't happy with him there because he cried all the time, so I pulled him out and put him in Franklin. They brought my happy kid back! They are always so happy to see him and hug him and treat him like family!! When he struggles with something they give him extra help that he needs! He is not a number there like he was at the other school! I love Franklin Academy!!

Franklin Academy 5

Posted June 02, 2015
Teachers that care and small class sizes. We are blessed to be a part of the FA family

Franklin Academy 2

Posted April 22, 2015
This school is about to lose its best benefit- everyone over a certain GPA gets their transcript sent to colleges showing they are 1st in their class. This means that some classes have had more than 10 "valedictorians" (that's like 10% of the class), each one getting their transcripts sent to colleges showing they are 1st in the class, and this has made it really easy for unqualified students to get into competitive schools like UNC. But I think that's about to end, since the state is making AP and honors classes worth less, so you can t hit the valedictorian GPA. I guess from the perspective of a former valedictorian, there are some bad points. I've had a pretty rough time in college, and I think my words to current FA students would be that what you learned in high school only covers the first month of college, and extra credit doesn't exist in college. My advice to the administration would be to have stronger alumni relations so you can see how we all do, but somehow I think the they aren t open to feedback or change. This isn't a bad school - it is pretty sheltered, and the academics are pretty good - but it sure isn't a "prep" school or a "public-private" school.

1127 Chalk Road, Wake Forest, NC  27587
Last modified Franklin Academy is a Charter school that serves grades K-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Franklin Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 73 reviews. Top