Posted September 08, 2014
We've had a great experience at this school. Motivated and attentive teachers who really care about the kids. The new PE teacher is amazing! Very active PTA and lots of parent volunteers in the classrooms. Also, just to be clear, I'm at school almost every day and have NEVER seen ANY evidence of a roach "problem." The occasional bug? Yes, but come on, you can't avoid that!

Wake Forest Elementary 2

Posted April 28, 2014
I have to agree with the other parents, there are some good teachers and then are several that are unhappy....There is a DEFINITE ROACH PROBLEM!!! Something should really be done about it! There is great parent involvement however there needs to be a greater focus on providing a positive environment and leave the politics out of the classroom! We too will be looking for a different school!

Posted October 09, 2013
I have had two children go through this elementary school and currently have children there. I have never seen roaches in this school. Yes there have been some dead bugs on the floor, but that is completely normal in any buildings. Have always had dedicated teachers. There is an active PTA and the new administration seems great!!!! My older two children had a great education and were WELL prepared for middle and high school. I love Wake Forest Elementary, it is a wonderful place to learn!

Wake Forest Elementary 2

Posted July 15, 2013
Too much burocracy put on teachers who are ( with the exception of a few) unable to dedicate enough time to truly teaching the students in their individual level. This produces frustrated teachers looking forward to summer vacation only. Too much screaming by staff at kids to be quiet in cafeteria each day. That has got to change! Not enough teachers assistants. PE teacher is unkind. New principal made some good changes, but too much inefficient paperwork. Too much staff-gossiping and not enough focus on meeting the needs of each individual student.

Posted June 15, 2013
Love this school! My three children all attended all of their elementary school years hat WFE. The school continues to get better with the new principal. The staff is very professional and caring. Only complaint is the PE and music teachers. We have NEVER seen roaches at the school and are there nearly very day.

Wake Forest Elementary 1

Posted April 26, 2013
I am not happy with this school and will be withdrawing my children for a number of reasons. First, there is a problem with roaches. My children see roaches every day and althjough I have expressed concern, there is nothing being done about the problem. Second, although my children love sports, they are afraid to go to PE. The teacher does not create a comfortable learning environment. She is constantly screaming at the students and calls them "Rats". Last, the quality of teachers there varies quite a bit. Although my children have had some good teachers, there are many teachers who are openly not happy teaching and complain about all the work they have to do. There are many times when I have e-mailed a teacher and gotten no response. That being said, there is a strong PTA and many student events after school that are beneficial to the students. My kids also love the art teacher.

Wake Forest Elementary 3

Posted July 30, 2012
Negatives:`Unfortunately the school lost it's magnet program. Mean PE teacher. Lead in the building. Several teachers who don't really want to be there. Positives: Love the diverse student body. Art teacher is great.

Posted January 17, 2012
I love this school! I already had one daughter go to it and my next will enroll in the fall. The staff are wonderful and very dedicated to the children. The PTA is very involved. My daughter thrived in this learning environment. All around, this is a great school and I highly recommend!

Wake Forest Elementary 4

Posted April 22, 2009

Posted November 01, 2007
I am thrilled with this school! We recently moved here from MA and I was very worried about my 4th grade daughter feeling happy...but she LOVES her new teacher and all the happy, friendly staff. She has made a bunch of happy new friends and I have already joined the 'very involved & fun' group of people on the PTA. I am looking forward to making many new memories with my family at the wonderful WFES!

Wake Forest Elementary
136 West Sycamore Avenue, Wake Forest, NC  27587
Last modified Wake Forest Elementary is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Wake Forest Elementary Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top