Wake Forest, NC
Students enrolled: 1,088

Posted April 29, 2015
As a student of WFMS, I want to say that I am VERY unsatisfied with this school. A vast majority of the staff are very rude and disrespectful to the children attending the school. The teachers have a 'no-care' attitude and get very frustrated when a child who has a hard time learning and often yells at them. I remember a point a few days ago where I made a simple mistake, our papers were passed out and she said to the entire class, as loud as she could, "IT'S HIS FAULT THAT I PASSED OUT THE WRONG PAPERS.", even considering that the whole pile said the number of a different class. Also, the teachers are totally disinterested in helping people's grade. Don't get me wrong, there are some good teachers but that won't make me give a higher rating. And just realize that the higher ratings were years ago, now the vast majority of the reviews now are lower. Just thought I would add to it. I could rant more but my fingers are bleeding so I won't.

Wake Forest Middle School 2

Posted March 04, 2015
The school is run okay and info is shared quickly but it lacks a whole ton of everything.

Posted June 19, 2013
I have to say I was very concerned when I learned that my son did not get into Heritage Middle. We have been here two years now and I am very happy with the school. They have made several changes to the curriculum for advanced students. Next year my son will be taking an online class for high school credit. His teachers are fair and consistent. All of my son's progress is noted in SPAN and I have the ability to review the course syllabus online. Definitely better than expected.

Posted January 17, 2012
I am very impressed with the quality of education given at this school and the dedication of the teachers. I feel that my child is safe and well taken care of.

Posted January 17, 2012
We love this school, the teachers are great, the community is like a family. I just wish that we lived a little closer. The teachers and administration provide strong bridges to home and as a result our children are successful.

Posted August 24, 2011
awesome very good scholl have partys its a very awesom school an imma student cool fun nice dat the words to describe

Wake Forest Middle School 4

Posted August 22, 2011
When we moved here in 2005, there was an article in the local paper that stated WFRMS violence rating was the worst in the whole Wake County system. This was my assigned school and in 2 years i would be sending 2 daughters to the school. To say i was concerned was an understatement. BUT the school has a no tolerence system, which means ALL incidents are dealt with and reported, students have been reassigned so many times, that it is not the same students in the school, AND, MOST IMPORTANTLY, my honor roll kids have received a FANTASTIC education!!!! Teachers are superb, challenging, and we cannot be more pleased as parents. It's all about expectations folks - and living in an imperfect world includes imperfect schools. Make the best of it and doing one's best and getting along with other's are the same code of behavior that works in most of life's situations.

Wake Forest Middle School 4

Posted May 07, 2011
we moved in the middle of the year from a smaller county and since my son has ADD I was scared he would be lost in WFRMS but the teachers have made sure that he is on track, and his grades have never been better! The staff is very friendly and the counselors seeem to always be there to answer questions. I am very proud that my son has been a cougar!

Posted March 29, 2011
I am a former student of wfrms. I moved there from another state in my 8th grade year. I like the people of the school real well but the staff was horrific. The teachers would have conversations in the hall way during class when we should have been learning Nd the principles were just pathetic. "patchy" Jacobs is quite a rude man who accused myself of selling xtascy in 8th grade because he saw me on camera tKing my medicine at the fountain and said I was distributing "x" to other students. I'm sorry but I didn't even know what xtascy was in 8th grads. After my two week suspension, the day I came back I withdrew from the school and came back to where I moved from. Very sad school to send your children to. Just consider yourself warned

Posted February 15, 2011
I have had so many problems with this school. My son (6th)was seriously bullied, the teacher was not in the classroom, but was in the hall socializing with other teachers (during class time). The school officer is unenvolved or supportive. My son says he sits in the office all day and sure enough when I went to speak with the principle the officer sat in the office the enitre time I was there (45 min). My sons interest in school has seriously been slacking this year. The teachers are down right rude to the students!! The things I hear about that go on there are horrible!! We will not be attending this school any longer!
2 people found this helpful

Wake Forest Middle School
1800 South Main Street, Wake Forest, NC  27587
Last modified Wake Forest Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Wake Forest Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 31 reviews. Top