Bad
Good

I came from SC to attend a school here but all I face is schools that are 7 down in ratings! Which means I came from a place of heaven into hell! Despite the fact that 10 rating for some schools are apparently a lie! Please do forgive my attitude but I've gone to almost all of these schools and I have to admit that I miss my school in SC! Also, noting that my old school was public traditional 10 rating school and I really appreciate it! It truly was a good school! I hope that someday wake forest will get to have schools full of 10 ratings!

Our son is a student with an IEP. This IEP is supposed to help the teacher and student but it was rarely followed or referred to unless it was in preparation for a meeting. Our son suffered from this because he was neither understood nor given the accommodations he needed to learn. Many things were discussed to help him but rarely went further than a week or two regardless of their effectivness. Communication was lacking at every level even when you initiate it. This school is not bad if you have a regular education student (our oldest son attended here as well in the regular education program) . If you have a child with special educational needs your experience will be very different.

Teachers are highly motivated to work! You can tell that they love what they do in spite of low pay, and do a great job! Principal Mr. McCabe is highly connected with all issues pertained to the school. He even directs traffic at carpool time! It's not 5 stars because unfortunately here in North Carolina there's no money for education, and that reflects on programs that the school lacks.

Heritage M is a good school. My child attended that school. However, one of the VP's can be snide and less than truthful with some.

Our daughters have attended HMS for the past 3 years and had two different experiences. One was bullied by a male student - hair pulled, slammed into walls between classes, trash put into her hair, disgusting text messages passed around - and it was never fully addressed or prevented. There seems to be less communication from teacher teams every year, with virtually no contact in 8th grade. The new band teacher isn't great with communication but is making big strides to turn the band program around. Our youngest is very pleased with her band experience over the past 3 years but on the parent side I wish there were more communication (emails, letters home phone calls - something!). Overall, this is a safe school in a safe neighborhood with solid academic "push" for your child. It is not immune to the issues that happen in every school. The rest, perhaps the most important issues, are really up to your interpretation.

Heritage Middle is full of students who are mostly above and beyond average. Therefore, this is a great place for students who need to be challenged. There are many AMAZING teachers here who are always actively involved in their students' lives. There's only a few rotten apples but the majority are lovely and are not just good teachers, but nice on a personal scale as well. As with any middle school, there are going to be a few petty people but for the most part, if you talk to others, you're gonna end up with some friends. The electives are mediocre but we have a great Art class. However, the other classes lack greatness. However, now students have the opportunity to take Spanish and earn a high school credit! I am graduating in a week and I have to say, this is an amazing school and I'm really gonna miss my times here! The good and the bad, they were all needed!

'12-'13 is our first year at this school and the staff in the office set the tone for the school. Recently, when I came in to get my child for a dr appointment, I was told that if the student is on Track 1 and it was during EOGs, then they (the Office Staff) would NOT release my child to me. And she wasn't joking either. I couldn't believe she said it. Luckily, my child is not on Track 1. However, this interaction did leave me wondering if I should have asked when the school decided they had custody of MY child. How can they say this to parents? I left the school shaking my head once again wondering why does the administration allow this? Perhaps they are unaware that their frontline office staff could use some class lessons.

I have a 7th grader who is struggling in math, so I want to tudor him. I have requested a meeting with his math teacher 4 times over the last 2 weeks (via email and voice messages), with no response. I am extremely frustrated because I don't know what topics to review with my child. He usually finishes his homework at school and was told he is not allowed to bring home his math text book.

I go to this school and i love it!! the teachers are always there for you and willing to help you. I got bullied by a kid and told the teachers. they immediatly took care of the problem. this is by far the best school EVER!!

Having moved here within the last year, I can say that there is no welcoming attitude towards new students or families. Middle school is tough no doubt, but the kids are not welcoming towards new students at all. The teachers are great but I really feel my child is getting lost in the system. We hope to look at other options soon.

Last modified Heritage Middle is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.