Posted May 18, 2014
Heritage M is a good school. My child attended that school. However, one of the VP's can be snide and less than truthful with some.

Posted May 14, 2014
Our daughters have attended HMS for the past 3 years and had two different experiences. One was bullied by a male student - hair pulled, slammed into walls between classes, trash put into her hair, disgusting text messages passed around - and it was never fully addressed or prevented. There seems to be less communication from teacher teams every year, with virtually no contact in 8th grade. The new band teacher isn't great with communication but is making big strides to turn the band program around. Our youngest is very pleased with her band experience over the past 3 years but on the parent side I wish there were more communication (emails, letters home phone calls - something!). Overall, this is a safe school in a safe neighborhood with solid academic "push" for your child. It is not immune to the issues that happen in every school. The rest, perhaps the most important issues, are really up to your interpretation.

Heritage Middle 4

Posted June 23, 2013
Heritage Middle is full of students who are mostly above and beyond average. Therefore, this is a great place for students who need to be challenged. There are many AMAZING teachers here who are always actively involved in their students' lives. There's only a few rotten apples but the majority are lovely and are not just good teachers, but nice on a personal scale as well. As with any middle school, there are going to be a few petty people but for the most part, if you talk to others, you're gonna end up with some friends. The electives are mediocre but we have a great Art class. However, the other classes lack greatness. However, now students have the opportunity to take Spanish and earn a high school credit! I am graduating in a week and I have to say, this is an amazing school and I'm really gonna miss my times here! The good and the bad, they were all needed!

Heritage Middle 2

Posted May 30, 2013
'12-'13 is our first year at this school and the staff in the office set the tone for the school. Recently, when I came in to get my child for a dr appointment, I was told that if the student is on Track 1 and it was during EOGs, then they (the Office Staff) would NOT release my child to me. And she wasn't joking either. I couldn't believe she said it. Luckily, my child is not on Track 1. However, this interaction did leave me wondering if I should have asked when the school decided they had custody of MY child. How can they say this to parents? I left the school shaking my head once again wondering why does the administration allow this? Perhaps they are unaware that their frontline office staff could use some class lessons.

Heritage Middle 1

Posted October 15, 2012
I have a 7th grader who is struggling in math, so I want to tudor him. I have requested a meeting with his math teacher 4 times over the last 2 weeks (via email and voice messages), with no response. I am extremely frustrated because I don't know what topics to review with my child. He usually finishes his homework at school and was told he is not allowed to bring home his math text book.

Posted June 30, 2012
I go to this school and i love it!! the teachers are always there for you and willing to help you. I got bullied by a kid and told the teachers. they immediatly took care of the problem. this is by far the best school EVER!!

Posted March 29, 2012
Having moved here within the last year, I can say that there is no welcoming attitude towards new students or families. Middle school is tough no doubt, but the kids are not welcoming towards new students at all. The teachers are great but I really feel my child is getting lost in the system. We hope to look at other options soon.

Posted October 18, 2011
My child has been attending Heritage Middle for 2 years and all I can say is that I am greatly impressed with the quality of education given at this school. The teachers are very dedicated, they keep their blackboard sites up to date so that not only the students but the parents as well know what is going on. I also appreciate the monthly newsletters from the track team leader. This school has instilled maturity in my child and has gone beyond meeting my expectations as a parent.

Posted July 21, 2010
We are highly impressed with the dedication of the track one teachers at Heritage Middle School. They are a true model for the teaching profession. Transferring our son to this middle school from another in the county was the best decision we could have made...thank you HMS professionals...we appreciate you!

Posted June 14, 2010
I am a current student at HMS and have attended the school for 3 years now and I am graduating to a magnet high school in less then a month and my experience their has been one I will always remember. Ever since 6th grade I have been constantly challenged and encouraged to push forward with constant help from all my teachers along the way. If your child is going to be on track 2, all the teachers are excellent! They make sure you are doing well and do whatever it takes to help you if you are unsure of something or having a hard time in a subject. Communication between parent and teacher is great as well. The athletic program is great especialy in soccer , track and football. Even though the electives aren't the best with no language program, the teachers are great! GO PATRIOTS!!!

Heritage Middle
3400 Rogers Road, Wake Forest, NC  27587
Last modified Heritage Middle is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Heritage Middle Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 28 reviews.