Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

The teachers at Jones Dairy Elementary are exceptional. As are the assistants and other staff.

Amount of homework: Disagree

Kids have homework at all ages. Its not like when we went to school. Truth is they enjoy achieving in their studies even in the lower grades. Seems like too much to me; but we largely eliminated TV time and have plenty of time to do homework and play outside now.

JDE is a superb school with many activities for the kids. Many parents volunteer weekly and help out in classes. This is our second year for one student and first year for another and every single teacher and staff really care for the children. Maybe another school is a fit for some students; but, for well-rounded, intelligent students Jones Dairy is a great fit. Of course the kids are restricted from walking to school by themselves, playing tackle football at recess, and doing gymnastics at recess but I think that is the overall communist, insurance-controlled nature of all public schools.

Develops character: Neutral

They are extremely hard on the special needs kids. Teachers are too aggressive . My son is only 4 but gets treated like he is in Middle School. No compassion or sympathy knowing that he is autistic. The teacher is firm on the kids with very special needs.

They need a more caring principle he will take the teacher side before he listens to parents. Nor will he do anything about a situation that needs attention he will take the teacher side before investigating. He is not at all friendly it seems he cares more about the teachers and not the students well being.

Teacher effectiveness: Agree

They are some giod teachers but a few that arenot patient especially the ones for special needs kids

Amount of homework: Disagree

Not on the kids level. Some are hard ro catch on and even though they may want them to be on grade level some are not

When we first moved here 10 years ago I could give this school a 5 star rating but with the change of every Principal it has gone downhill. I have taken my child out of this school due to bullying from teachers and students. The teachers would allow the students and encourage them to pick on my child in second grade as well as fourth grade. Neither the teacher, Vice Principal, or Principal would do anything to stop the bullying. My child has special needs and if your child has special needs, RUN! from this school. The Principal couldn't care less about the students and tries to be as hands off as possible. He has been the least caring Principal out of the three that have been at this school in the time my children had been there. Very glad to be away from this school! My child is now excelling at his new school. All A's and B's as well as going from HATING reading to now reading books with three to four hundred pages a piece!

I expected great things when our family came to Jones Dairy. The reviews and test scores were great and I hadn't really heard anything negative. And it's true - there's nothing really negative going on here. But there's nothing very positive, either. What we found were teachers that taught to the tests. And there were a lot of tests! We found leadership that was mostly absent. I think I saw the principal twice last year. In all, I think it's a decent place to be. If you're looking for outstanding, though, you might want to check out other options.

My son has had dedicated, gifted, caring teachers from Kindergarten up to 5th grade. Jones Dairy is a safe, enriching environment and a wonderful place for children to grow and learn.

Last modified Jones Dairy Elementary is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.