Posted August 19, 2014
I expected great things when our family came to Jones Dairy. The reviews and test scores were great and I hadn't really heard anything negative. And it's true - there's nothing really negative going on here. But there's nothing very positive, either. What we found were teachers that taught to the tests. And there were a lot of tests! We found leadership that was mostly absent. I think I saw the principal twice last year. In all, I think it's a decent place to be. If you're looking for outstanding, though, you might want to check out other options.
2 people found this helpful

Posted April 02, 2014
My son has had dedicated, gifted, caring teachers from Kindergarten up to 5th grade. Jones Dairy is a safe, enriching environment and a wonderful place for children to grow and learn.

Jones Dairy Elementary 1

Posted October 15, 2013
The staff here cares for one thing only...eog scores. A second grade teacher bullies and has assaulted a student and the principal claims imagination of small children. Sick!! Until staffing changes apply for a safe and nurturing school. Horrible! Run!

Jones Dairy Elementary 2

Posted October 07, 2013
The school is an average school. Teachers and staff are friendly. However, I find their EOG test scores may be high, there isn't really a push for the children to excel pass that point. I am considering removing my child from the school to a more challenging school that doesn't only concentrate on EOG scores.

Jones Dairy Elementary 4

Posted November 17, 2012
I have two students attending JDE and have been very pleased thus far. We've had very engaged and accommodating teachers and staff who have been amazingly responsive to my students' needs. Both my children have tested AG and have needed additional enrichment. Mr. Gifford has been very open and helpful in creating a uniquely tailored and challenging programs to help keep them interested. There have been some minor bullying problems, but I don't think they are unique to the school or the population. I do recommend establishing a personal relationship with each teacher in order to help create a partnership that can help if problems do arise.

Posted July 20, 2012
This school is awesome! Ms. Hyer is such a great teacher! We were only there for the 2011/2012 school year but she was worth the move to this school district! She made this a great year for my son.

Posted January 30, 2012
My child was at Jones Dairy from K-5. What we experienced was a better than expected public school experience in most every aspect. Our child had a teacher in the 2nd grade who told us that she was about to be "held back" due to her reading skills. No interventions were planned and we weren't informed until 2/3 of the way through the year. That teacher "left" after this year which was a great thing. A private tutor hired by us turned this around quickly. Our child consistently scored above average in every subject during his/her time here. We did see a lot of emphasis placed on struggling students which we understand, but where does that leave over achieving students? While at Jones Dairy, s/he experienced a serious bullying situation that involved actual physical assault by another student to our child. How did the school handle it? A meeting with the assistant principal and a warning that the bullier would get supervised playground time if s/he did it again. This student also physically assaulted other students who came forward. No parent conference, no suspension... just a verbal warning. Would your child feel safe? Worth noting, we did have 3 amazing teachers there!

Posted May 27, 2011
My two boys have attended for 2 years. Overall, an average school for average kids that teaches to the state test (bare minimum). So while test scores look good, the bar is set low. We are leaving to go to a more rigorous charter school with higher standards.

Posted February 09, 2011
Incredibly pleased with our experiences at Jones Dairy in terms of teachers, quality of educational experiences, students, and overall "warmth and feel" of the school. The high test scores from last year evidences the educational standards of excellence the school is achieving. The principal is receptive to e-mail communication, available for contact, and personable to parents and students. Thus far, there has been tremendous parental involvement in my child's classes.

Posted February 08, 2010
This is my son's 2nd year at JDE. We have been very pleased. This year we had some issues with his teacher's teaching style. We met with the principal (who had noticed my son during car pool & recess & had insight to his personality) who had additional outside academic testing & moved him to a classroom with a teaching style that has him doing VERY well. With this being said, I feel like the principal has been very hands on & worked very well with us to help my son be successful. Also, the new teacher has made the transition easy for my son. Last year, his teacher encouraged LOTS of parental involvement for LOTS of activities in the classroom. It is a year round school & has been an awesome schedule for our family & especially for my son academically. I have been VERY pleased.

Jones Dairy Elementary
1100 Jones Dairy Road, Wake Forest, NC  27587
Last modified Jones Dairy Elementary is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Jones Dairy Elementary Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 19 reviews.