Public charter
Wake Forest, NC

Posted December 10, 2014
I have been an Endeavor parent for 4 years. I have 2 children that attend Endeavor and both started there in Kindergarten. Endeavor is an excellent schools with caring staff and administration. They value instruction and welcome parent volunteers. They have a very rigorous curriculum that challenges each student while meeting their needs simultaneously. Endeavor is continuously listed as one of the top performing schools in the county and Wake County is the largest school district in NC, and falls in the top 20 largest in the nation.

Posted September 01, 2014
I m a parent of 3 children at Endeavor, grades 2, 3 & 5. I have been associated with schools for over 20 years and can tell you that Endeavor is the best! This is why: 1) Endeavor was founded on a principal that is universal & relates across all children. WE LEARN BY DOING at Endeavor means field trips ranging from the local dentist office to Space Camp in 6th grade. In the classroom it looks like vocabulary words set to motion & on the playground it looks like an athletic director that coordinates games EVERY DAY. 2) Endeavor was founded on the principal that parents & students are the driving force in the success of the school; so they listen. They hold quarterly common grounds meetings in an effort to provide a forum for parents to be heard. At Endeavor, change can happen & does happen. 3) Endeavor was founded on the belief that children of like minds should be taught together resulting in a leveled learning model. The levels can fluctuate throughout the year as they show mastery or need. Endeavor feels like home . A home where the director greets you at the front door, knows you by name & is holding the stop sign for afternoon carpool!

Endeavor Charter School 4

Posted August 27, 2014
I have just started as a parent at Endeavor, so I cannot speak personally to the older grades. However, I have been very happy so far with our experience in K. The teacher is communicative and my child comes home happy and has already started learning! The school has been very welcoming. A parent volunteer with the PTA contacted all the new families and held special presentations for us. She has made herself available via email. Everyone smiles when you walk in the building and the office staff is always very warm and friendly. We are encouraged to come into the school frequently to volunteer, which is great. I have met a few parents in my child's class and everyone seems really nice. Finally, carpool runs very smoothly - and I have heard nightmares from other schools. Although my child is young, I have met some people with older children, and they have all been happy with their child's teachers and education. I don't feel like I can rate it 5 stars without having been through multiple grades, and since we are just in Kindergarten, we have a few years to go.

Endeavor Charter School 4

Posted August 24, 2014
We are in our 4th year at Endeavor with our 3 children. We have experienced the younger grades through the middle school curriculum. I really appreciate the small school environment and the fact that I can be so involved in my children's education. I have never previously had such a good line of communication with my children's teachers and know that all of the teachers' goals are for my children's success. All of my children have been pushed academically and I feel my rising 9th grader is very well prepared for the rigors of high school. My children learn things their friends at other schools do not: grammar, public speaking, Spanish, etc. and I strongly feel that children do not slip through the cracks at Endeavor. Endeavor is a great school and we feel fortunate to have our children enrolled there.

Posted August 20, 2014
Our family has been at Endeavor for over five years. Our children have gone through the K-5th curriculum and we have loved every teacher that our children have had. At ECS, you will find teachers who are devoted to your child's learning and passionate for the pursuit of knowledge. The small class sizes and greater family involvement are a big sell for us as well. We have met many new families that have enrolled at ECS in the past few year that have said that they have found the curriculum at ECS to be above average compared to the surrounding schools in North Raleigh and Wake Forest. We love Endeavor and have felt extremely fortunate to have been given this opportunity to have our children attend this wonderful school!
5 people found this helpful

Posted July 23, 2014
We have been at Endeavor since the beginning of the school, but will not be going back. In the beginning of the school we were very happy with the education our children received. However, the last couple of years the educational quality has really gone downhill quickly, especially in the Middle School. I agree that the leadership, specifically the Director is very weak. There are a few good teachers left at Endeavor, but most are just average to below average and no better than what you get at a public school, I blame the Director for letting the staff be degraded so severely. I also blame the Director for a weak Middle School curriculum. In short, the positive reviews of Endeavor are really historical and show what the school once was, but it is no longer that school especially with the move to Wake Forest. Our family will not be back.

Posted June 17, 2014
Our family has been at this school since it started six years ago. I am sad to say that there are many problems that affect this school. The problems stem from lack of leadership from the administration. The job of an administration is to give vision to the school, to set by example, to inspire teachers and students. About 3 years ago you could see and feel the inattention that the administration was giving to the needs of the students and teachers. Teachers who embraced the "We learn by doing" motto were either fired or moved on. The 6th 7th and 8th grade has not had a single year where the teaching models have been used consecutively. It has always been "lets try this and see how that goes." Electives for junior high students have been dismal. For small class sizes we could have had some real electives that would have taught our students something, allowed them to explore new ideas. But alas it was spanish, pick up the recycles from the classrooms, or play games with the little kids on the small playground. Spanish was moved to a semester elective instead of a year long class. Again the changing of teaching models! So I have said goodbye with no regrets.

Posted June 11, 2014
School has a very weak administrator that basically lets the North Raleigh families and board members run him around. Teacher's definitely play favorites with the kids whose parents are connected. We've have some wonderful teachers here (one that left and one that is retiring soon) which makes us realize how wonderful and rare truly great teachers are. Unfortunately, most of the teachers aren't great and seem highly sensitive to whose child they need to favor and whose child they can safely ignore. No bullying that I am aware of, but some of the kids are brats with an entitlment mentality (thanks to Mom and Dad) and social exclusionary bullying can be just as hurtful (we haven't experienced this but others have). The school is moving out to the hinterland so we may say "au revoir". I think this school will be shaken to it's very core when regular working class folks start attending. So, I would consider all the reviews of Endeavor Charter from an 'historical' perspective. No way this school continues to be the same. Lots of new students, lots of new parents. Hopefully a new administration team will be put in place, but that's doubtful.

Endeavor Charter School 1

Posted May 16, 2014
very true about financially privileged and connected families. Very hard punishments for childrens behavior, of course more for the ones they are not privileged.

Posted December 17, 2013
We have been at Endeavor for 3 years - 2 children at Endeavor now and our oldest is an alumna who was well prepared for high school. Our teachers have been fantastic! The children were very welcoming to our oldest when she entered in 8th grade. It was a HUGE improvement in learning environment for her - expectations were set high and she rose to meet them. The staff and administration know all of the kids by name and each child is greeted personally when they arrive each morning by admin team members holding the doors open for the kids. Parent involvement is high (I served a term on PAWS - their PTA) and a large percentage of parents help regularly by volunteering for lunch duty, field trip transportation and other things. The board is in process of building a $19MM permanent school facility off of Burlington Mills at Capital Blvd in Wake a Forest - about 13 minutes NW of the current Forum Drive location. The school will move to its new home for the 2014 - 2015 school year.

Endeavor Charter School
4879 One World Way, Wake Forest, NC  27587
Last modified Endeavor Charter School is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Endeavor Charter School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 22 reviews. Top