Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

Handles bullying effectively: Strongly agree

Teachers have always responded to any concerns we have had with social issues.

Supports LD students: Strongly agree

There are many different learning styles, and students may not always do well in a lecture (auditory) environment. There is of course a lecture portion in class, because students must learn how to take notes to be successful. However, at Endeavor, teachers also incorporate activities that reinforce the curriculum, so students who learn more visually or kinesthetically can learn/grasp the information in a way that plays to their strengths. If a student is really struggling in an area, teachers have the ability to call on the curriculum coordinators, or the exceptional children teachers, to assist that child in the classroom, or even pull the child out for individualized instruction of the concept.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

Teachers here are allowed the freedom to develop lessons that are outside of the box, and let the kids really delve into a subject. They strive to engage the kids, and make learning fun.

Amount of homework: Agree

There is a fair amount of homework given, but always supports what was learned in the classroom. If something wasn't completed in class, it may come home to be completed.

These most recent reviews have been interesting to read, but far from our experience here. This is our 5th year at Endeavor and we thank our lucky stars daily that we got in. I have a child who struggles academically and socially, and although he does not qualify for special services, he thrives here because of the support he receives from his teachers. This has been true for every single grade level. I have been contacted by the teachers when they recognized a problem, and I contact them when we have issues, and in both cases, the teachers and my husband and I collaborate to find a solution. Just as importantly, I have received positive emails from teachers when my son did something well, and on three occasions this year, actually received a call from a teacher to praise something my son did, while he was right there beside her to listen. You cannot put a price on that kind of commitment and caring. This school is special, and the overwhelming majority of people here agree, hence the low turnover. It is a community, and like anything else, you get out of it what you put in.

Handles bullying effectively: Strongly disagree

As a former student, I feel that the administration was horrible at dealing with bullying. I was bullied mercilessly during my time at Endeavor. I now have problems with being so scared that the extreme bullying would happen again that I hardly speak in class. The administration did nothing even though I did have proof of people bullying me. To improve this, I feel like the administration should be more aware of bullying problems and how it impacts people socially and emotionally. I also feel like there should be a guidance counselor so that the victims of bullying have someone who can comfort them and talk them through what's going on.

Supports LD students: Strongly disagree

They don't and even if you talk to the school you will look bad.

Effective school leaders: Strongly disagree

No i cant call it a leader. Because for me a good leader Will protect her people and in thiscase she should protect all kids regardless of where they come from.

Develops character: Strongly disagree

No, all you do is study. they dont know how to discipline kids. They are kids they go to scholl to be thought too. They are not perfect and so a good school should be a role model to the students. But here they dont accept kids with strong personalities. They will make you feel you are different. Your kid has to be perfect to be here. Other wise you wont get any help from them and the principal is not helpful too.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly disagree

If you are a favorite because you always volunteer then they are nice and will accomodate you.

Last modified Endeavor Charter School is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.