Posted March 30, 2014
We have been extremely pleased with Heritage High. My daughter has been challenged academically by her teachers to grow, and we are pleased with the extracurricular activities that have been made available for her to take advantage of. The principal is outstanding and the only complaints you see on here are from people who wanted special treatment and became angry when their kids weren't treated differently than the rest. It is your child's responsibility to adapt, not the school's responsibility. That's the way it works in the real world too. As usual, there are only about 10% of the parents involved but they do great things with little manpower. Other parents are content to let others do the work. That is the one place where it could be improved. Athletics are solid with coaches who are teachers first, then athletic mentors. The band, chorus and drama departments are all good and there are over 50 clubs for your child to choose from. Everyone can find something. The responsibility is on the child and parents to make the school great. If you want a great school, get involved and be a great parent.

Heritage High School 4

Posted March 11, 2014
I've been going to heritage since freshman year and it's great. As a student I know what goes on at other schools that students don't tell there parents, out of all the schools we have the best kids. There is going to be trouble at any public school but this one has the most behaved of that crowd. The only reason I don't like this school is because the carpool is crazy and clustered in the morning and and after school and clubs are not as organized so you never know when they are. We hav pretty good teachers. There will be bad teachers where ever you go but overall from hearing what other students say, we have better teachers and test scores. Also our princaple is awesome and has a reward for his outstanding job (from the state). But if you see any bad reviews it's probably angry parents who were miss informed by there children who don't want to get in trouble.

Heritage High School 1

Posted January 16, 2014
My daughter is a student at Heritage High School in Wake Forest NC. This has been my daughters worst academic year ever. She experienced discrimination by one of her Spanish honors teachers. From the first day of school I had problems with this teacher and requested that my child be removed and nothing happened. My child was constantly mistreated and had a poor Teacher-Student relationship with her Spanish Honors teacher. I recommend to all parents- if there is an issue at the beginning of the term do not wait to see if its going to get better because the school will back their staff up 100% even when there is evidence of that particular teacher showing favoritism towards other students.

Posted September 06, 2013
This school is amazing, been going there since my freshman year and i absolutely love it there. The teachers are very encouraging, helpful, motivated and fun. They have great opportunity's and programs. Overall this is a great school, would recommend to any and everyone.

Heritage High School 4

Posted August 11, 2013
It's a high school. My expectations aren't high. Teachers are fine, plenty of stuff to do, and I learn what I need to pass my exams. Yeah, there are fights. Administration can be unorganized, but, at the end of the day, it's a school. People do stupid things-- people will do stupid things anywhere-- but unless you want to pay the tuition for a private school, you can't expect much better. I've been going here since I was a freshman and it hasn't majorly inconvenienced me in any way. It can be annoying, and Wake County in general is just annoying, but as long as you aren't expecting your kid to be served lobster tail at lunch and take classes from Nobel Prize winners, you'll find that this school is extraordinarily average,

Heritage High School 1

Posted May 22, 2013
North Carolina schools rate 47th in the nation and Wake County schools rate lowest in the state. How can anyone say they're good? Students spend their day texting one another displaying the most disrespecting language towards each other and faculty. Why isn't this behavior monitored? A $3 billion budget won't improve the scores in Wake Co. The Parents & Schools working together will. As a taxpayer I want a better return for my investment.

Posted April 25, 2013
The principal, teachers, administrators and coaches are all top notch.The leadership at this school is terrific. My daughter loves it here. There are many Honors & AP classes to choose from, as well as electives and sports.

Posted March 23, 2013
Our principal is completely fantastic, totally involved in everything that goes on around the school. The teachers are top-notch and are expected to act professionally which provides a great learning environment. The school is clean (which a lot of high schools seem to have trouble with), the rigor of the classes is appropriate, and our counseling staff help to provide a lot of opportunities (such as internships or advanced studies at nearby colleges). Our school has grown a lot in the now three years of its existence and can now be considered a staple of the Wake Forest community it resides in.

Heritage High School 2

Posted October 29, 2012
We transferred in from out of state right before my sons junior year (last year). We gave the school all the information to obtain our sons transcripts from his previous schools and made sure to let them know that I would be more than happy to help them get them if they needed it. During the school year I had spoken to his councilor about a couple of different things. After school got out this past Summer they sent home the report cards. In the envelope with my sons report card was a paper saying that he did NOT move on to being senior. When I was finally able to get a hold of the school I was told that he did not have enough credits to graduate and move on. I knew this was impossible and explained that to the dean of students. When she finally looked at my sons records she informed me that they never ordered the transcripts from one of his schools. Nothing was ever said about him being short credits during the year. No one ever said they didn't have all his transcripts, no one ever checked. Turns out he had more than enough and could have graduated early. Good teachers and facility, just not real impressed with the rest even if it is located in an exclusive area.

Heritage High School 2

Posted August 03, 2012
This is not one of the better school I have attended. When I was there for my freshman year the students did not seem to care and did not want to be there. The teachers are ok, I had one good teacher though. There was no special ed for my learning disabilities. The last thing is that there was a fight it seemed like every day. So they took away privlages to even the students who did not do anything. Now I also learned living in NC that they bus students from raleigh and thets where all the problems came from. so all in all avoid this school if you can.

Heritage High School
1150 Forestville Road, Wake Forest, NC  27857
Last modified Heritage High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-11. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Heritage High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 11 reviews.