Posted August 21, 2013
I love this school. I have three children here at three different levels. The administration and staff are passionate about teaching Montessori. The schools academics are rich. My children are becoming independent learners and thinkers. My children's emotional and social needs are nurtured. They are becoming problem solvers.They are gaining a sense of community and world awareness. This school teaches the whole child.

Posted August 19, 2013
I am a bit stymied by the negative reviews of this school. My family has been associated with Washington Montessori for the past four years, and I can honestly say that it has been a godsend. My children have thrived academically and socially. Two of my children are currently enrolled in this institution, and my third child is a recent Washington Montessori Middle School graduate. Yes, there were administrative changes at the school this past year, and I understand that some felt slighted by these changes. However, it stands to reason that there will always be stress associated with these types of transition. What bothers me is that families would pull their kids from an institution that they claimed to have believed in, rather than to allow a new administration to settle in and find its groove. I hope that these families find an school that meets their particular needs. I can certainly say that my family supports this school, its teachers, and its administrative body. We are thankful that we have had the opportunity to be part of Washington Montessori.

Washington Montessori 4

Posted July 29, 2013
We love this school! The teachers are wonderful and the environment is friendly and welcoming. This is an educational community which helps students with more than academics. It helps students with true life lessons -- working well with others, taking personal responsibility, and using talents to the best ability. Teachers/ administration are receptive to any concerns we make and we are met with sincerity and understanding. Parents are encouraged for participation and thankfully the school seems to effectively deal with bad behavior, instead of letting it fester as in most public schools. In what other school can you witness 1st, 2nd and 3rd graders moving from work station to work station and actually DOING work quietly and respectfully, all while students actively help each other under the guidance of the teacher? If you are looking for a traditional approach to learning this is not for you; but if you are searching for a school which values academic achievement while promoting a loving and giving social environment, then your search is over. I am only ranking this 4 stars because of the lack of extra curricular opportunities, but there is an excellent violin program and soccer.

Washington Montessori 2

Posted July 28, 2013
Success of children is secondary. Something in 2012 - 2013 changed. Kids are being pulled from the school. They are not following the Montessori method.

Posted May 08, 2013
The teachers, parents and school environment are phenomenal. This has been an excellent choice for our children, but is not for everyone or every child; it is not a one-size-fits-all traditional educational approach. Our children are blessed with the opportunity to learn in an environment that fosters grace, courtesy and creativity as much as it does academics.

Washington Montessori 1

Posted April 09, 2013
Sadly I will remove my children from this school at the end of this school year. Lack of proper administration has caused all sorts of problems. The teachers are wonderful, but overwhelmed due to the lack of leadership. The atmosphere of this school is unpleasant and what a shame that it is so.

Posted February 11, 2013
You can never please everyone. This is a highly sought after school for a very good reason. The administration cares, the teachers care, and the children learn in a positive, creative way. This is a special place that offers an alternative to the public school testing drill and kill mentality. My son has soared in a few short months at this school! They are working hard to continue to make this the best choice in the Greenville/Washington area. I applaud the administration and all of the parents who work hard in a positive way to seek change and move in great directions for the future!

Washington Montessori 2

Posted January 02, 2013
This school was awesome. My children really enjoyed the environment up till this year. New administration is in over their heads. Teachers are now pressured with added responsibility to take up for the lack of leadership. If things are not changed for next year we will be looking for an alternative.

Washington Montessori 4

Posted October 28, 2012
I love this school. We are going through some transitions this year, once again. Personally I am in a wait an see mode for next year.

Posted September 28, 2010
I found this school when my family had to relocate due to my husband's work. We could not afford private Montessori so public charter was a wonderful option for us. Our children have thrived socially and academically. We decided to relocated to the Washington area so our children will be able to attend all the way thru the 8th grade. Washington, NC is a small town and the Montessori School is it's best kept secret. We will be supporters for life!

Washington Montessori
2330 Old Bath Hwy, Washington, NC  27889
(252) 946-1977
Last modified Washington Montessori is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Washington Montessori Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 23 reviews.