Kensington Elementary School 4

Posted January 16, 2014
Super sense of community. Very involved parents and staff. So far our experiences in K and 1st have been with top notch teachers and staff. Like the communication from the teachers we have had. Principal supports her teachers. She can improve her communication by streamlining what is sent out to families.

Posted August 27, 2013
In my experience the teachers go out of their way to ensure the students are well taken care of and receive the best education, and I have seen personally how the principal and asst. principal are very kind and loving to the kids.

Posted July 26, 2013
This school is great, very impressed with the AIG programs offered. Would be even better if they allowed students to chat at lunch like Rea View is allowed.

Posted June 07, 2010
I have 3 children with varying academic needs and Kensington has done an excellent job with all of them. The program for Academically Gifted children is amazing andeveryone is very happy!

Posted March 18, 2010
Kensington is a wonderful school with a fantastic group of parents and kids!

Posted September 10, 2009
My child went to Kensington for three years and we were very pleased. She is now in middle school and is doing very well, so Kensington and its teachers definitely prepare their children.

Posted June 29, 2009

Kensington Elementary School 0

Posted May 27, 2009
My children are just finishing up their first year at Kensington and I am so pleased with the quality of education they have received there. The school has a strong plan for instruction for each grade level and the faculty works hard making sure the students master their skills. Assessment is a key element and they use it to plan for instruction. They also use a type of instruction called 'round table' where the students are grouped according to skills they need to work on, and then are instructed in those specific skills. As an educator who spent years training teachers on effective techniques and strategies to use in their classrooms, I was thrilled to see many put to use at Kensington.

Kensington Elementary School 0

Posted May 16, 2009
I think this school is terrible. We pulled our daughter out and put her in catholic school because she was not getting the accelerated reading help that she needed and the math program was laughable. She has done beautifully in her new school environment. I also feel that the principal is lacking in any educational direction for the children. Some of the teachers were good but it was the luck of the draw and if you did not like the teacher that you had, any comments (positive or negative) were not looked upon in a favorable light. I agree with the other posting, do not be fooled by this school being in the Union County District. This principal runs her school to cater to mediocrity and there is no push for any of the kids to go beyond what is needed to have mid-line test scores.

Posted October 16, 2008
We started our daughter at Kensington this fall and couldn't be happier. Her teacher was a good find, and our daughter cannot wait to getup in the morning to go to school ... says a lot about the atmosphere there. Recommend it without hesitation!

Kensington Elementary School
8701 Kensington Drive, Waxhaw, NC  28173
Last modified Kensington Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Kensington Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 17 reviews.