Waynesville, NC

Posted April 29, 2014
Central Elementary School is a great school. My daughter is in 2nd grade and has been attending this school since kindergarten. I am so happy to see the positive atmosphere, friendly faces, and great teaching. The principal has been helpful with our daughter have a great experience. We always feel welcome and think she is getting a great start in her education. I wish there were more ways we could help during the day.

Posted November 04, 2009

Posted June 10, 2009
I am a parent of an up coming 4th grader at Central. I have been so impressed with the whole staff. From the cafeteria to the new school principal Mr. Putnam. Everyone takes the time to really get to know all the children (even when the child is not in their class) It's a WONDERFUL school. I couldn't have wanted more for my son's elementary school years.

Central Elementary 0

Posted April 10, 2009
I had 3 Children attend this school and I loved it. We had to leave and move to another state due to my husband job but my kids 7 years at this schools was the best! I got to know the staff personaly and they are some of the best Teacher's i know I have sat in the classroom with them and watched them teach. If i could taken this school with us i would have even the lunchroom staff is wonderful!

Posted March 01, 2009
All around great school. I'm glad that I put my daughter in this school.There is no school better in the county.

Central Elementary 0

Posted September 03, 2008
This is a FANTASTIC school! Central is an A+ philosophy school, which means that they offer more arts programs and integrate arts into their classroom learning. For example, one year my child learned about the solar system in class, did a full musical with speaking parts about the planets that was learned in music and drama, and even did the 'Space Jam' dance (that was learned in Dance class)during the performance that was done for the PTO. The school performances are so good, the groups occasionally travel to other schools in the area to perform. This way of learning cements the concepts in the children's minds so very well. The school is small and EVERY teacher knows ALL the kids in the school after a year. My kids walk down the hall with me, and all the staff know them by name. IT IS THE BEST SCHOOL IN THE COUNTY!

Central Elementary 4

Posted November 11, 2006
Central elementary is a good school you would love there award system. Haywood county has the best supperentendent ever she realy truley cares for her student. And the education they aquire. Centrals princaple Mr Sanderson is great as well is verry involved with the going ons with his students and teachers.

Posted October 18, 2004
- a former student
An excellent school. I myself was a student there and have recommended it to everyone I know with an elementary age child. You could not find a better public school. I promise.

Central Elementary
62 Joy Lane, Waynesville, NC  28786
Last modified Central Elementary is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Central Elementary Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 8 reviews. Top