Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)

Develops character: Strongly disagree

I wouldn't say the teachers at all but the principle is the most unprofessional person I have ever come across.

We moved to Waynesville in March of 2015. We were amazed how professional and compassionate the teachers and principal were. They genuinely care for their students and their academic level of achievement through a focus on reading is excellent. Our daughter started Kindergarten and her teachers even came to our home to welcome her and help her know what to expect. They are amazing.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

They are amazing. You can tell the teachers are well-trained yet they're open to learning more and desire to make accommodations for kids with special needs.

Amount of homework: Agree

I don't think schools should assign to much homework as the kids are in school for so long each day. From what I've seen they seem to have a good balance.

Develops character: Strongly agree

The teachers at Junaluska are supportive and patient when helping our kids make choices. They are consistent and in our opinion are fair with consequences.

This is my favorite school by far.! We moved to the area in February of this year. My son has an autism spectrum disorder, but is also highly gifted. This staff has bent over backwards to acomidate his special situation and educational needs. The teachers and principal are fantastic, and have different but great and educational teaching styles. I love walking in and hear the students asking to read book sin stead of sit and daydream or doodle. They are a large part of the community and are always war and welcoming both in the school and public off campus settings. If I could wish anything for this school it would be funding for more staff. Their nurse is only there one day a week for maybe 4 hrs (est.). There is NO resource officer on this campus which does also bother me, but they do have safety measures in place for added protection. I would like there to be a gifted teacher on staff full time, or at least more than 2/30 minute enrichment sessions every other week.

Our 3 children started this school in the fall of 2010 and we have been very pleasantly surprised at what a great school this is. Children who do well academically are very much rewarded (under the new principal) and encouraged to excel. Our son, who is a year ahead and in the academically gifted program just loves it. His teacher, realizing that she had an unusually high number of "smart" kids in her class this year actually went out and got books and educated herself on how to engage and challenge these kids while still properly serving her other kids. We give Junaluska Elementary five stars - and we are picky parents!

Principal Leadership is horrible. The Principal actually believes it's not a good idea to reward children for doing well in school. She says 'children shouldn't be rewarded for doing what they're supposed to be doing'. Yet, she believes that children who don't do so well, should be given opportunities to do better. For example, children who don't do well in school and have bad conduct hold student governent positions and are made bus monitors. Unbelievable!!!! This isn't how the real world works. She's not helping to prepare our children to go out and be successful. She's teaching our children there's no reason to try and do well, because it just doesn't matter. I still believe children who do well academically should be rewarded. I'm so happy she's retiring.

This school encourages parent/ grandparent involvement more than any my children have attended. Therefore there is better communication in how your child can reach his highest potential. Teachers and the principal really care and don't view this just as a job.

i have 2 children who go to junaluska one going to 5th and one going to 4th they both have gone there since kindergarden and they love it and so do i the teachers and all faculty members are so great

Last modified Junaluska Elementary is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.