Whittier, NC

Smokey Mountain Elementary 2

Posted December 16, 2014
My child has went to this school for three years. The staff are very young and inexperienced. They do not know how to communicate with the children. There is very little communication with parents. If you bring up a concern, they act like you have no idea what you are talking about. The principal acts like she runs your household and family. However, I teach my child more at home than the school is teaching. The teacher's have too many children to know what each child needs help at or excels at. Thankfully, this will be our last year at this school.

Smokey Mountain Elementary 4

Posted October 27, 2011
I have three daughters who at attended SME. This will be the 7th year there for my oldest who loves reading, science, & geography. This year she is excelling in math for the first time. I am so thankful for great teachers who have helped her strengthen her weaknesses as well as encourage her strong subjects as well. My second grader is also doing well & enjoying all subjects. And my Kindergartener has learned to read in the first 9 weeks of this school year. I look forward to the next 8 years at SME as my children grow up. The school is very open to improvement and getting the students what they need to succeed.

Smokey Mountain Elementary 0

Posted March 02, 2010
its a great schools are awesome and the art work in the school is so wonderful.most of it is nature it so great and pretty neat. The principal is wonderful too!!!!It's a great school to go to if not u prove me wrong.:)

Smokey Mountain Elementary 1

Posted June 03, 2009

Smokey Mountain Elementary 0

Posted March 24, 2009
This is truly a horrible school. The teachers try but the bullying is a real issue at this school. The administration is lacking on keeping parents informed, often excluding parents from knowing of their own child's progress. School functions are hit or miss. School focuses too much on one demo graphical type of student.

Smokey Mountain Elementary 5

Posted September 05, 2004
I am from mississippi. I had 2 kids go to this school. They loved the school and every thing about it. They didnt want to leave. I loved the teachers ,the atmoshpere, and the enviroment. It is the best school my kids have been. I hope soon, they can come back. Keep up the good work.

Smokey Mountain Elementary
884 U.S. 441, Whittier, NC  28789
Last modified Smokey Mountain Elementary is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Smokey Mountain Elementary Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 6 reviews. Top