Posted April 01, 2012
I love this school. My child comes home everyday with wonderful things to tell me. He always learns new and exciting things. He makes wonderful projects and reads extremely well. I admire the direction the teachers take to assure your child is on track. They keep you up to date with what they are learning and what your child behavior has been. I believ my child enjoys very much this school as do I . Parents should embrace the teachers and be apart of the schools as much as they can.

Rachel Freeman Elementary 1

Posted April 13, 2009

Rachel Freeman Elementary 2

Posted March 15, 2008
Rachel Freeman is going through a rough spell. The school is 80% new students and 50% new staff this year since it turned into a magnet school and new distrricting policies became effective. Disruptive behavior is a major issue at this school as well as 'inner city social issues'. However, the goals and mission of this school are great and the staff has not given up. This school will turn around soon. My advice: stay involved, informed, and don't be afraid to take action.

Rachel Freeman Elementary 2

Posted July 17, 2004
This is not a safe school. In order to be safe you need a principal that will take action instead of hiding or ignoring the problems in the school. There are some wonderful teachers and there are a few bad ones. My advice to parents who are considering Rachel Freeman Elementary School is to think twice! The PTA is so unorganized. It is a nightmare to have to deal with people who just don't care.

Posted June 21, 2004
The teachers and principal are very caring and responsive to the concerns of parents. My kindergarten child has learned so much, despite his shyness and preference to play rather than be in school. Great school!

Posted February 23, 2004
I think Freeman is a great school. My son started in October after we moved to Wilmington, and he has advanced so much. The teachers are great and push the kids to learn as much as they can.

Rachel Freeman Elementary
2601 Princess Place Drive, Wilmington, NC  28405
Last modified Rachel Freeman Elementary is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Rachel Freeman Elementary Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 6 reviews.