Emma B Trask Middle 3

Posted March 26, 2014
Trask Middle School is OK..... There is a couple UP's and DOWN's: UP'S: -Great Clubs (FBLA, 4H, Art, Garden, Etc.) -Really Nice & Fun Teachers (Kuk, Lancaster, Bass, Brock, etc.) DOWN's: -Worst School LUNCHES EVER! (It tastes like processed food, which it is) -RUDE, RUDE, RUDE OFFICE STAFF! Their Office Staff is very rude to parents and even STUDENTS! That is not cool :( -School needs renovations & more clubs (The school was built in the 70's & It needs ALOT of work!) -Buses Can be late to bus stops, OCCASIONALLY! (My daughter doesn't care, but she would like to be at SCHOOL on time!) I GIVE THIS SCHOOL A 3! Bullling is also a BIG Issue at Trask...

Emma B Trask Middle 3

Posted March 11, 2014
new to North Carolina school system. Looking for ratings and comments on Emma B. Trask on current opinions (i.e. bullying, leadership and student reviews).

Posted December 04, 2013
The office staff & principals are extremely rude as others have previously mentioned. The principal always acts like she's too busy to take care of your needs, or issues for your children, as do the rest of the staff. Ms. Mills, one of the counselors, practices blatant reverse discrimination. I was shocked by how she handled a meeting with my husband & I when my boys transferred to Trask, & I wanted to make her aware of my older son's bullying issues at the other school. My younger son gets bullied perpetually, & while Mr. Bacon was nice when I spoke with him about it, he's done nothing to follow up with me or my son, like he said he would. Some of the teachers are nice, but others don't seem to care. PTA is AWFUL! The president is rude, which turns other parents off, & leads to detatchment. The school is not inviting to students or parents AT ALL! My older son is at Laney now, & it's a world different. My younger son finishes up at Trask this year, & I can't wait for him to get out of there. He went from making straight A's all through school to C's & D's last year at Trask. The teachers did not even contact me when he began suffering academically!

Posted September 02, 2011
Office Staff are RUDE RUDE RUDE...they are the people who are in contact with the parents on a daily basis, you would think that the school district would have better judgement when hiring people. Mr. Bacon, however, is great. Too bad he has to work with all of the rude people in the front office.

Posted October 10, 2010
Im a former student in Trask and im in 7th grade who came from a magnet school.Trask has no where near as much of classes and electives as my old school and most of these students here are really mean. Rude, stuck up, just full of drama.The teachers here are great but my math teacher really doesnt help if i need help with something if i ask a question he'll make a saracastic joke and make me feel dumb. i think 3 of my friends failed once in Trask.I dont really feel comfortable here ; at my first day of Trask i was called a mexican by people i didnt even know when im mixed, this people tease and sometimes tease at kids that have a disease which is just comletely wrong

Posted August 03, 2010
I just left trask and and the only things I really learned were in the advanced language arts class. Other than that it was mostly boredom and a rude office/staff. The school isn't nice at all with dull design and crowded hallways. There also wasn't much of a elective selection and they don't really focus on science or social studies at all.

Emma B Trask Middle 0

Posted September 16, 2009
The teachers are great and help with my work. when ever i ask. the other students are nice to me. i love my school

Emma B Trask Middle 1

Posted May 25, 2009
This school is very unpleasing. The teachers are nice and all but the office is very rude. if i go up to the office if they called me up there the lady is on the phone the whole time and i am waiting and she says what do you need and i tell her so she continues to talk on the phone. I always feel uncomfortable up there and they are very rude. I would say that eversince Mr. Bacon has been at that school kids have felt more like they have someone to talk to. Nobody ever goes to any of the principles. Only Mr. Bacon. He listens to your needs. Trask middle school is also unorganized. When we got our new dress code teachers would say one thing and another teacher would say another. And half the time u dont know where to go! they change schedule alot!

Emma B Trask Middle 0

Posted May 09, 2009
I love the school and so does my child. My concern is the same as mentioned by another parent. The lack of textbooks is bothersome. I also like to go over with my child what was learned in school and have no reference. My child has asked to bring home her textbook in order to study and was told that they cannot do this. What is this saying to the child. Getting the child to study is difficult enough, and when they show enthusiasm to at least try, they should be given reiforcement. In addition, over the weekends no homework is given. This wouldn't be a problem because I could take on the task of assigning work myself if I had a textbook to utilize. Other than these issues I like this school and teachers are very pro-active in communication with the parents, which is lacking in many schools.

Emma B Trask Middle 1

Posted May 02, 2009

Emma B Trask Middle
2900 North College Road, Wilmington, NC  28405
Last modified Emma B Trask Middle is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Emma B Trask Middle Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 22 reviews.